2015 Land Rover Defender D90 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Defender & Series Truck Registry

2015 Land Rover Defender D90
talnakib

Registry
Vehicle Name
Year 2015
Make Land Rover
Model Defender D90
Color Silver
Packages Black Package
2015 Land Rover Defender D90
Comments: 3 / Views: 673
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 1st, 2016, 08:09 AM
talnakib
Taleb Al Nakib
2015 D90

Registry
Rear Bumper Shackle Mount

Hey everyone. I'm new to this forum and new to forums in general so I'm not quite sure how this works.

I from Kuwait and own a 2015 D90 and am yet to make any customizations or upgrades to it. I would like to address the necessities first. I've been trying to find a rear bumper shackle mount for recovery situations but am having a difficult time finding one with an identical bolt pattern to the one on my defender. The bolt pattern is approximately 8.5 cm x 4.5 cm (photos attached).

If any of you could point me in the right direction or, better yet, provide me with a link to the product or manufacturer's website, I would be very grateful!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1210.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	146403   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1211.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	146404  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1212.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	146405  
Old April 1st, 2016, 10:01 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

If you are looking just for recovery purposes, you have choices.

Jate rings, which bolt to the underside of the chassis. Great until you bury your truck in mud or sand.

Then you have a standard Nato tow hitch and a hole load of similar tow jaws from companies like Dixon Bate: Universal Couplings & Jaws - Dixon-Bate

One mail order place in the UK Land Rover Military Towing Equipment | John Craddock Ltd

Available mail order if you can't find any local off roading club to point you in the right direction. Getting anything for towing or recovery mounted correctly is vital for safety.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 2nd, 2016, 05:05 AM
talnakib
Taleb Al Nakib
2015 D90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
If you are looking just for recovery purposes, you have choices.

Jate rings, which bolt to the underside of the chassis. Great until you bury your truck in mud or sand.

Then you have a standard Nato tow hitch and a hole load of similar tow jaws from companies like Dixon Bate: Universal Couplings & Jaws - Dixon-Bate

One mail order place in the UK Land Rover Military Towing Equipment | John Craddock Ltd

Available mail order if you can't find any local off roading club to point you in the right direction. Getting anything for towing or recovery mounted correctly is vital for safety.
Is the nato tow hitch able to sustain the shock pulls from recovery? I remember reading somewhere that that tow balls aren't. Isn't the same true about the nato tow hitch?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Defender & Series Truck Registry

Tags
90, d90, defender, land rover, land rover defender