1995 Land Rover Defender 90 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Defender & Series Truck Registry

1995 Land Rover Defender 90
Craigd

Registry
Vehicle Name
Year 1995
Make Land Rover
Model Defender 90
Color Red
1995 Land Rover Defender 90
Interior
1995 Land Rover Defender 90 Interior
Comments: 4 / Views: 3747
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 10th, 2017, 03:46 PM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
When you get a chance please share your secrets to keeping the Rover V8 on the road for well over 200K. I've put 140/156 on mine and it still feels strong. I'm hoping good common sense will get it well over 200 too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old January 10th, 2017, 04:04 PM
Craigd
Craig Dickson
1995 D90 Red Soft top

Registry
You know just lucky I guess. I am at a little over 289,000 now and just drove it across the country last week.

I am a fanatic about oil changes and use Mobil 1. I don't drive like a maniac and try and keep up on maintenance with regular coolant changes, filters, spark plugs, etc. I am believer in using a vehicle and had different mechanics over the years tell me that all engines like to be run on a regular basis.

My primary engine issues over the years have been head gaskets replaced once, two Alternators and a fuel pump. Other than that just the normal filters, lube etc.

Keeping my fingers crossed...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 10th, 2017, 05:58 PM
WeBeCinYa
WeBeCinYa
94 ST #84

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigd View Post
You know just lucky I guess. I am at a little over 289,000 now and just drove it across the country last week.

I am a fanatic about oil changes and use Mobil 1. I don't drive like a maniac and try and keep up on maintenance with regular coolant changes, filters, spark plugs, etc. I am believer in using a vehicle and had different mechanics over the years tell me that all engines like to be run on a regular basis.

My primary engine issues over the years have been head gaskets replaced once, two Alternators and a fuel pump. Other than that just the normal filters, lube etc.

Keeping my fingers crossed...
That is truly awesome. More engine stories like this need to be shared. Rover V8 gets bad mouthed often. Would like to check out your trailer sometime when you get settled in NC.
1991 Range Rover Classic (sold)
1995 Range Rover Classic (sold)
2006 LR3 SE (sold)
Old January 11th, 2017, 08:11 AM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Thanks for sharing. I agree, it would be nice to hear true stories re the NAS V8. I'm noticing my coolant level drops a bit sporadically. I'm keeping my eye on it by checking weekly. I'm assuming this is a sign of a HG in the future. I should probably start planning for the event now.

I'm always curious what else should be done along with a HG with miles north of 160k. That string seems to be fairly long and never ends.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Defender & Series Truck Registry

Tags
1995, 90, 95, defender 90, land rover defender