york compressor - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old June 11th, 2015, 02:29 PM
LR Max
Thomason, Max
1973 Series 3 109

There is a bracket made for TJs and pulleys and crap. So that might be a good kit to look at/scavenge parts from or ideas.

My roommate in college had one mounted in his jeep. Always seemed like it never ran or worked. For the amount of money he spent on it, he could've gotten an electric compressor or C02 tank that just worked. Also it was kinda sketchy having the engine running while using the impact to tear apart the front axle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 11th, 2015, 03:21 PM
sad_story
andre
95' D90

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
I know Mike Slade is running dual Sandens in his Crew Cab. Ill see if i can get a pic from him to show location etc.

-Jeff
Sorry Jeff I wasn't very clear referring to the dual compressors
Old June 11th, 2015, 10:02 PM
Corsa
Shawn
1991 Defender 90

15 or so years ago I built a a York onboard air system for a Jeep I had at the time. The Jeep had a serpentine belt but I found the easiest way to drive it was to use a second V belt off the alternator. I took the serpentine pulley off the alternator and found a small V belt pulley that fit really good against it at a wrecker. I had a machine shop weld it up dead center and balance it. I built the compressor mount so the compressor and drive pulleys lined up correctly. You'll also need to construct it so the mount has a belt tension adjustment. I made slots for the mounting bolts. This was a bit of work to make it fit real nice and not look like crap. Now I would probably just buy a kit if one was out there.

This company is a great source for parts to make your own setup. Forget that they are made for Jeeps. The Jeeps in the 90's were using Sanden compressors I would almost think one of these kits would be a good starting point. I don't have AC now so I have no idea on the location of the AC compressor in a Defender so I might be wasting your time. Take a look at the mounting instructions.

::Kilby Enterprises::
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 11th, 2015, 11:58 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Gotta get a York so I can get an Amish air-powered blender for the trail.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/
/

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
compressor