Yet another tire question...pls don't shot me! - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 8th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Grover
Mike
Birmabright Bread Box/Swagger Wagon

Registry
Question Yet another tire question...pls don't shot me!

I am thinking about going with 235/85R16 BFG AT KO's on my D90. Will this size tire fit on the original 16x7 tornado alloy rims? I have noticed this size tire on the stock D110 steel rims, but not on the tornado rims. Anybody out there have this set-up? Would this be a problem? I kinda dig the skinny tire look...

Cheers...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 9th, 2008, 01:00 PM
newfD90
Chance
93 NAS 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover
I kinda dig the skinny tire look...
You and me both! I've done exactly that and it works just fine. Pics can be seen at http://picasaweb.google.com/Geurin/D90

"Fossil Fuel Rapid Disposal Unit"
Old March 9th, 2008, 01:03 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Thats a really good look!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 9th, 2008, 01:12 PM
newfD90
Chance
93 NAS 110

Thanks! I've got a set of freshly painted Alpine White 110 wheels that I was going to use instead, but the Wife actually put her foot down. Since she so rarely has an opinion on the Rover, I acquiesced and kept the alloys on.

Old March 9th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Grover
Mike

Registry
Chance,

That is a great looking truck! The tan Badger II top looks great against the Alpine White. Since the D110 Steel wheel is 5.5" wide and the Tornado alloy is 7" wide, I didn't know if the difference in width would be a problem. It's good to know someone else has this set-up. I figure since I am going to replace all 5 tires, why not go with something different? I kicked around the idea of other tire styles and brands, but I'm going with the BFG AT KO. I had these tires on my Jeep TJ. I rotated all five tires every 6k miles and got 55k miles out of them, then I sold it (to get the D90).

I am greateful that my wife likes my D90, she actually wanted me to buy it...now she wants a Rover...an LR3...I drove a loaner LR3 while the D90 was being serviced at the LR dealership...once she drove it, she said she must have one...

Cheers...

Old March 9th, 2008, 04:45 PM
newfD90
Chance
93 NAS 110

Quote:
That is a great looking truck! The tan Badger II top looks great against the Alpine White. Since the D110 Steel wheel is 5.5" wide and the Tornado alloy is 7" wide, I didn't know if the difference in width would be a problem. It's good to know someone else has this set-up. I kicked around the idea of other tire styles and brands, but I'm going with the BFG AT KO. I had these tires on my Jeep TJ.

I am grateful that my wife likes my D90, she actually wanted me to buy it...
Hey thanks! Actually, the NAS 110 wheels are 6.5" wide. I have the same size AT KOs on the 110. The stock D90 size tire is the same diameter (within a tenth or so) as the 235/85, so if your D90 spare is like mine (i.e. never used), you can get by with 4. I've always used the BFG AT; great all around tire. Especially in snow. The skinnier the better.

Be careful; my Wife wanted me to buy my 90 too. And then she claimed it as her own...

Old March 9th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Grover
Mike

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfD90
Hey thanks! Actually, the NAS 110 wheels are 6.5" wide. I have the same size AT KOs on the 110. The stock D90 size tire is the same diameter (within a tenth or so) as the 235/85, so if your D90 spare is like mine (i.e. never used), you can get by with 4. I've always used the BFG AT; great all around tire. Especially in snow. The skinnier the better.

Be careful; my Wife wanted me to buy my 90 too. And then she claimed it as her own...
Do you think that skinnier tires will do better in the rain as well?
My wife can't drive a manual vehicle...so she can't claim it...

Old March 9th, 2008, 06:30 PM
newfD90
Chance
93 NAS 110

Quote:
Do you think that skinnier tires will do better in the rain as well?
My wife can't drive a manual vehicle...so she can't claim it...
Hmmm, dunno if I've ever noticed a difference in the rain.

There 'ya go!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
tire