Yet another snorkel question - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old June 30th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Christian Shea
1997 Defender 90 Wagon
Yet another snorkel question

I really would like to build my own but stumbled across this unit....
I was thinking you might just be able to mount it drivers side and the bottom plenum would just be backwards which I think would look fine. I poked around under the hood and it seems like it might work, just not totally sure. Was wondering if anyone has done something similar. I just cannot justify 400 or so on a snorkel but this unit would set me back almost 1/3 of that price. Thanks in advance.

I require your largest, cheapest, most alcoholic brewed beverage.
Old June 30th, 2005, 02:29 PM
Van Der Waal
That's for the diesel - the air intake is in the side of the fender. There's probably no reason you couldn't extend the hose to the side. There are lots of snorkel posts to read already, however.

Old June 30th, 2005, 02:57 PM
109/110 ambulance-55 series I
Just a thought but might the heater get in the way?
Old June 30th, 2005, 03:14 PM
jimmy salmon
jimmy salmon
94 D90 AA Yellow
its a right hand drive the heater is the other side.diesel and gas have the air intake in the fender on UK models
3rd low and BOOT IT
Old June 30th, 2005, 04:04 PM
Chris Davis
94 D90, 88 RRC
Yes, the heater on the NAS will get in the way of this. They do make the snorkel for the left hand drive, which you would want, and you could adapt a diesl fender mounted air filter--I looked into that, but found it to be too much hassle/expense (doing it with the air element). What you would need, in addition to the snorkel, is to fashion a 3" adaptor plate for the back side of the snorkel attachment for the inside of the fender--you will probably need to remove the fender to do this.

Best of luck on your project---

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions