yet another radio code question - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old May 25th, 2005, 04:03 PM
Robert Bingham
97 ST D90
yet another radio code question

I just got my 110 (yippee) but they disconnected the battery on the car carrier. I think I have the code, but don't have a manual. the question is. what is the exact key sequence on the radio? I have a 5 digit code transmitted by the seller, but have no idea if it's just me, if the code is incorrect, or if there is special keys. The radio beeps when any 5 keys are touched including + - menu, etc.

Robert Bingham

1997 NAS 90 ST
1985 110 RHD 300tdi ROW
@gliderking instagram, twitter
Old May 25th, 2005, 04:15 PM
Thomas F
Recently Roverless

Land Rover keeps a database of the codes. Just call them to verify...they probably need the VIN or something. Also, if you enter it incorrectly more than (3 times I think) it will just display dashes. I am going to try and remember what the guy at the dealership told me, but I think you hold down the "AM/FM Band" button and the code button at the same time for 5 seconds to reset it. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Old May 25th, 2005, 05:32 PM
Barry O'Mahony
97 D-90 SW LE
In a 97, if you enter is incorrectly too many times, it cuts out for a few hours.

Also, I ran into own problem that is not well-documented: sometimes when you connect the power, the radio doesn't rest properly, and it won't accept the code. You need to disconnect the battery, wait a little while, and re-connect it.
Old June 4th, 2005, 04:06 PM
William Baker
1997 Defender 90
Radio Code problems

I called the local dealer for the radio code for my '97 D-90. In typical Rover fashion, they gave me a 5 digit code which is incorrect. Apparently the codes that they have matched to the VIN on quite a few 1997's is incorrect. The only way to get the correct 4 digit code is to pull the radio and call them with the serial number which is stamped into the metal case on the stock Clarion. Hope this saves somebody else from waiting more than an hour for the radio to reset after they put the wrong code in 3 times :-)

Bill Baker

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions