Yet another Overheating Post - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old June 19th, 2007, 12:15 AM
Jay W. Robertson
We have found on my D90, during any load on the electrial system the temp gauge would climb almost into the red. Once we removed the load (ie, turn off ac & lights) the temp indication would immediately drop down closer to normal. I have just done a top end overhaul on the engine. All new headgasket kit, waterpump, clutch fan, electric ac fan (original was locked-up), hoses, rocker arm assembly, & temp sensor. I had thought my over temp indication before the overhaul was due to a head gasket leak. Then shortly after I was done the indication returned. We bled all the air out of the coolant system, but it continued. It finally returned to normal once I installed a bonding jumped to the bock, body, & frame.
The problem with the crank getting magnetized might not be as bad as we thought. The compas method might be to sensitive. I am going to try to use some metal filings and see if the center pully bolt on the crank will attract them. If it is strong enough to then, I will need to de-magnetize the crank. We have been talking on how to do that just in case. I'll let you know what we find out. Thanks, I hope some of this has helped. J.W.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions