yakima megawarrior sizing - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 10th, 2004, 08:49 PM
chirider
George

yakima megawarrior sizing

Looking for opinions on how it looks on a d90 soft top/hardtop. i'm in the market for one and want to get input from you folks if i should get the mega or the load warrior? i just don't want to get stuck with a cargo basket that doesn't look proportional.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 10th, 2004, 09:34 PM
Eric Siepmann
Eric W. Siepmann
1997 Defender 90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirider
Looking for opinions on how it looks on a d90 soft top/hardtop. i'm in the market for one and want to get input from you folks if i should get the mega or the load warrior? i just don't want to get stuck with a cargo basket that doesn't look proportional.

Or one that doesn't work on a Defender. Only the hitch mount Yakima's will work on a Defender.
Old December 11th, 2004, 01:04 AM
chirider
George

Thumbs up

Actually i am not referring to a bicycle mount. I have attachable roof rails that the yakima load warrior or mega warrior will clamp on. But thanks for the imput.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 11th, 2004, 10:23 AM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by chirider

The Mega warrior is big/wide. I'm assuming your going to mount via either the bars or rain gutters. To be honest, I think it does the job, but looks like crap. I had a mega warrior on my DII years ago and hated the thing. Forced me to break down and get the safety devices rack after some time.

But, Bill Burke uses the regular load warrior half basket on top of his truck. I guess ot depends on what you plan to put up there and whether you care about how the truck looks, versus what you use it for. If your planning to carry any heavy loads with it, I would not mount it to the rain gutters. The hard top of the 90 is only held on with a few bolts and is not that strong. I would look to mount to the roll cage ala Burke style.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old March 12th, 2013, 09:40 AM
aosias
Alexandra
1995 D90

Registry
I use the basket on the Disco and would like to be able to secure it to the 110. I have an exterior NAS style roll cage on the 110. The basket doesn't fit with the installed cross bars and I'd rather not add any height to the truck with the Yakima cross bars.

Anyone found a way to bolt the basket directly to the cage? Going to play around at the hardware store and see what I can come up with.
Old March 12th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
Wolf has some crossbars and other very cool stuff. Check here http://www.wolffab.com/

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
yakima