XPost from SmallProjects forum: How to fab or buy crimped galvanized hoop set tubing - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old May 11th, 2016, 05:42 PM
DPdotCOM
Dan Pollock
1983 Defender 3 Door

XPost from SmallProjects forum: How to fab or buy crimped galvanized hoop set tubing

Since apparently no one browses the small projects forum, xposting here!

I've got a soft top, 3 door 110 with the Exmoor top and hoop set.

This week, I finally finished the install of a roll bar to regain my shoulder belt ability. I COULD bend the forward horizontal hoop bar around the roll bar, but that's inelegant, and the roll bar actually has tabs to accept these crimped galvanized tubes.

I'd like to go from the one long hoop bar, to two shorter ones that go from the B pillar bar, to the roll bar, and then the roll bar, to the C pillar bar.

This is the precise setup I'm looking for:

So the question is:
  1. Does anyone know where to buy custom lengths of crimped galvanized tubing?
    OR
  2. Does anyone have advice on how to crimp your own tubing?

Since I'm going to remove the 2-3" distance of the width of the roll bar, I could probably actually make the two lengths from the existing hoop but cutting and crimping, but I'd love advice on how best to pull this off without making something TOO janky.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
hoop