won't start, no electrics. - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old June 27th, 2009, 12:54 PM
ini88
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director

won't start, no electrics.

I started up my truck the other night and it turned over but the started motor kept running, so i shut down the engine, yet the starter kept spinning. i ripped off my seat and took off the positive lead to the battery and it stopped.

now my truck lost all electrics. accessories won't do on and obviously won't fire up. so i went in and hot wired the accessories through the ignition (large white wire) and then i hot wired the other two white wires. one turned on the heat and the other just made a clicking noise down by the fuses. So my thinking was that that starter died on me.

while I was swapping the starter i noticed the small female wire that goes to the starter was hitting the exhaust shield and the wire had a hole in it. could that be shorting out on the shield? I swapped the starter and still nothing will start.

Do i have my ignition hot wires right? which wire hits the starter to spin? also do you think that little female wire that does to the starter is the problem?
1994 Defender 90 #916
1967 Lancia Fulvia
1974 Alfa Romeo GTV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 28th, 2009, 06:26 PM
ini88
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director

Nevermind. Shorted the wire on the exhaust shield. Hotwired it to start.
1994 Defender 90 #916
1967 Lancia Fulvia
1974 Alfa Romeo GTV

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
start