Wiring to unused/spare fuses - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 20th, 2005, 08:00 PM
Trevor Tarr
Trevor Tarr
1997 D-90 4.6 NAS ST

Wiring to unused/spare fuses

I'm adding some new circuits and would like to make use of my D-90's "spare" fuseholders. Is there an easy way to access the backside of the fuse panel, short of disassembling the whole dash? Any tips?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 20th, 2005, 09:12 PM
javelinadave
-
-

Add an extra fuse panel under your seat in the battery box. Painless wiring makes all sorts of panels for just this occurance.
Old January 21st, 2005, 07:59 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
It just comes off with a few screws. My 95 doesnt have a console, but the fuse panel is attached with 2 screws to a plate attached to the bulkhead with 2 screws. There isnt a lot of extra play in the wiring harness , but if you can get the metal plate free, then you should be able to twist and access the back of the fuse panel.

Here's a not-so-great pic of the area stripped down. You can see there is one screw on each side that will release the panel (green arrows). Of course there is some stuff covering up these screws, but I think you'll find it no-so-hard to get to.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuse Panel.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	2342  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 21st, 2005, 05:27 PM
Trevor Tarr
Trevor Tarr
1997 D-90 4.6 NAS ST

Jim, great, thanks! I'll take another look at my '97 panel. Hopefully the "some stuff" won't be too hard to get out of the way. I just seem to remember something in my service manual about removing most of the dashboard just to access the backside of the fuse panel....

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
spare, wiring