Wiring Questions - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 11th, 2013, 06:10 PM
BlackField
Oscar
D110

Wiring Questions

Hello,

I spent most of the long weekend wiring a new ground terminal under the hood for my new under hood goodies.

I partially wired up 4 relays (AC Blower, AC Condenser, Fog Lights and Fuel Pump). I have a battery ground and a positive hot terminal under hood to supply power.

The switches for AC blower, Condenser (trinary switch), and Fog lights are straight forward.

The Fuel Pump signal to the relay is where I'm stuck. I had planned on tapping into the solenoid based on RDavis's advice, but that puppy is buried on the 200TDi. I have a fairly large down pipe in the way and there isn't an easy way to tap into that.

So my question is where do I get a "Run/ Start" signal from? Accessories are the brown wire from what I understand and I'm planning on running my relay switches off of that. But I need something that will power the fuel pump when cranking and in the Run position but not run when the engine is not running and the key is in the accessory position. Is there a reasonably accessible wire I can use to trigger my fuel pump relay?

Thanks

Oscar
Advertisement

Old November 11th, 2013, 10:50 PM
BlackField
Oscar
D110

Going to bed bump, trying to get the D-Source night crew's attention.
Old November 12th, 2013, 12:00 AM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

My experience is limited to petrol engines, but why can't it just be powered by the accessory position? Plenty of older american cars were that way. By the way, why are you replacing the factory one anyway?
Advertisement

Old November 12th, 2013, 12:21 AM
Red90
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team

Registry
The defenders I have worked on so not have an accessory position. Off on and start.

Land Rover. Turning owners into mechanics since 1948.
Old November 12th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red90 View Post
The defenders I have worked on so not have an accessory position. Off on and start.
On/Acc

I think we are all referring to the same thing.
Old November 12th, 2013, 09:44 PM
Capt Milks
Mike
Defender V-8, Defender 2.25

Electric Fuel pump on a Tdi? The Tdi needs a switched power for the fuel injector stop switch/relay. That would be a constant power when the switch is in the ON position. It is a small gauge wire and I do not know how much additional load it will take. Depending upon the year and style some of the Key switches have different terminals on the rear that you could access. You could also use the fuse panel for a switched power or constant power.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
wiring