wiring help... windscreen harness - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 29th, 2015, 10:15 AM
Kevin88RRC
Kevin Keith
1988 RRC

wiring help... windscreen harness

I'm working on installing the wiring harness for my heated windscreen. It's for a RRC but using a Defender harness from Mobile Centre. Nice looking harness... too bad I have to modify to fit. I'm stuck with not knowing where one wire should go from the switch. It's the negative side of the light. Does it just get grounded?

It's a switch out of a 94 RRC. The switch wires go to terminals 1 & 4 on the timer relay and the light goes to 87 on the 70A relay and that's where I'm stuck with the one other wire off the light.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 29th, 2015, 02:04 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I did that install last summer, IIRC, one wire does just go to ground. You've got your switch illumination taken care of already? Mine was a Defender install, so I just poached an identical lead from a nearby unused switch. 130s don't need any rear wipers or defrost etc, so I think it was one from there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old December 29th, 2015, 02:27 PM
Kevin88RRC
Kevin Keith
1988 RRC

Thanks Jim. The RRC has common illumination for the aux switch panel which I have to sort out while I'm in there (hopefully just needs new bulbs). The heated windscreen & rear screen each incorporate a warning light in each switch.

Really hoped to get this in before the first snow but we got that this morning.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
wiring