Wiring Harness Question - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old September 13th, 2015, 12:15 AM
1986 D110
Wiring Harness Question

I am in the process of sorting the wiring for my 4.2L conversion in my '86 110. I salvaged the complete wiring harness from a 1994 RRC LWB and have just started to disassemble it. This may be a long shot, but does anyone know what type of connection this is? There looks to be quite a few of these connections throughout the harness. It is located close to a snap connection that ultimately should lead me to the starter relay that I need to remove and keep, but I can't without first separating the connection that's pictured. Small black wires look like grounding wires to me. What do you think?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8193.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	129642  

Old September 16th, 2015, 07:57 AM
Capt Milks
Defender V-8, Defender 2.25
If it is a solid black wire it is just a splice for a series of grounds. LR did this type of thing in the harnesses. You will find them on other wires too. I have seen some that have a type of goo inside the tape and others that have a crimp connector. Pretty common.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions