Wiring Electric Brakes on my trailer - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old October 2nd, 2010, 11:36 PM
Jay S
96 D1 TReK
Wiring Electric Brakes on my trailer

So I have a trailer with electric brakes that need to be hooked up - i have the factory tow plug on the back of my defender

I have been looking into a proportional adapter but they all say to plug into the factory wiring - anyone know if the defender has this?

and I have been using a factory english plug to the flat 4 for most trailers is there a 7 pin plug that sticks into the european one

any help would be great

Old October 3rd, 2010, 01:43 PM
I have never seen a rover in person
4 flat is only lights which is all the factory harness supports.

If it were me, I would pull the factory trailer harness and run the one for the electric brakes. You could, I suppose, run independent wires to the 7 round connector for the brakes, but I am unaware of a euro 7 round to US trailer brakes and lights adaptor.
*not legal advice*

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

brake, wiring