Wiper Motor not working - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old April 3rd, 2012, 08:53 PM
Mike Barnett
Wiper Motor not working

So my wiper motor doesn't work and I'm trying to avoid dropping the coin for a brand new one. I noticed there are a couple of parts available like the brush assembly and something called the park switch. Anybody have any experience with repairing these things? Or am I doomed to spend nearly $300 on a new one?

Old April 3rd, 2012, 11:26 PM
'73 SIII/ D90 Hybrid
I've never seen a brush kit for one of these, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. The park switch is really nothing more than a contact switch; it allows the motor to keep running until it sees a certain position (the switch), then it shuts off. is yours completely dead? Did you check the switch? $300 seems really steep for a new one. Are there any old school electric motor rebuilders around you (or guys that will rebuild starters or alternators)? I bet it could be rebuilt for less than a new one. If you get stuck, I think I have a couple used ones in my garage. I'd have to check the condition of them though.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions