Wiper Motor HELP - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old June 13th, 2004, 07:40 AM
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor
Wiper Motor HELP

Does anyone know how to hot wire a wiper motor to check and see if it works? The plug on it has 5 wires...I don't have a clue what ones to jump to a battery to check the motor.

Legend in My Own Mind.
Old June 13th, 2004, 08:36 PM
George Larner
On the output of the plug there should be three wires coming out, blue, yellow, red. The blue is for the earth and the yellow and red are your low and high speed, the others a for the auto return action so they don't stop in the middle of your windscreen. Try unplugging either of the red or yellow wires and running a jump wire to either of them an something should happen, rember to always run a fuse in your jump wire, otherwise bad karma could result.
Thats the way my 110's wiper motor is set up anyhow.
Good luck

Cheers Larns

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions