wiper doesn't go all the way down when turned off - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 16th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Rufus
Rufus
1994 NAS D90 ST #1118

Registry
wiper doesn't go all the way down when turned off

My right wiper doesn't go all the way down when I turn the wipers off. Does anyone know how to tackle this? if possible I would rather not have to get a whole new wiper set up i.e. new motor, etc. because other than this they work fine. thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 16th, 2010, 04:50 PM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

There is no adjustment in the system except spindle tension and flipping the gear to adjust the rest position from lhd to rhd and vice versa. You might be able to shim the gear wheel or pinion to tighten things up. Myself I just live with them coming to a rest somewhere in the bottom 2" of their stroke, even there they are well out of the way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Parts & Accessories Imported Weekly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Like us on Facebook for a discount on parts!

- Handmade Soap ideal for Mechanics!
Old October 16th, 2010, 05:23 PM
jefhuf
Jeff Huff
'94 D90 ST #655
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
You should be able to clock it by pulling the wiper arm off (fold the wiper straight out from the windshield and pull the arm from the splined shaft) and then reinstall with the arm in the desired position.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions