Winter Weather Windscreen Woes - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 3rd, 2006, 05:29 PM
thewap
Marc
'95 D90 SW#106

Registry
Winter Weather Windscreen Woes

A small ding in the windshield which was the result of a gravel truck in front, had lasted without much worry for the last 5 years, due to filling it with a window repair compound. Well the weather turned colder last night, and in the morning
a spider crack 4" eminating from the ding appeared. This of course is located in direct driver view.

I checked D90 Source for reference to windscreen replacement. The UK site mentioned is closed. Rovers North sells them at $190 clear glass. Didn't check the seal price yet. Emailed RDS and inquired.

Question; where can I find slight tint windscreen-don't really need heated, unless there is a clear way to splice in,
and besides the seal, did you guys use any sealants, compunds etc..? Has anyone done this on their own?

Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 3rd, 2006, 06:14 PM
Baldewin
Chris Baldewin
Bastard 90

Find a glass guy to cut you one out of Safety Glass with a slight tint. As people on this site and myself have done. They do this for heavy equipment trucks alot. I just had mine done for $138 installed.

Good Luck
Chris
Old November 3rd, 2006, 06:16 PM
thewap
Marc
'95 D90 SW#106

Registry
Was it an auto glass place so they did all the work? or did you have the glass made, then found a place to install it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 3rd, 2006, 06:22 PM
Baldewin
Chris Baldewin
Bastard 90

Auto/equipment glass company. I shouldn't even say shop becuase he goes to you if your in SoCal.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 08:49 PM
thewap
Marc
'95 D90 SW#106

Registry
ok will check
thanks

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions