Wing to bulkhead bolts - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old March 1st, 2015, 01:53 PM
Ben Goodwin
1996 D1
Wing to bulkhead bolts

Are the wide thread bolts that fix the wing to the bulkhead longer on a NAS truck with the A-pillar hoop brackets? Or do you have to switch out the captive nut inserts for a regular thread count and use a longer regular bolt?

I am putting a hoop on my ROW 90 and the bolts only tighten down one turn or so because of the added thickness of the under the wing bracket.

Old March 1st, 2015, 02:32 PM
Capt Milks
Defender V-8, Defender 2.25
I switched out the captive nuts on the bulkhead to a SAE thread so that I could use regular bolts. Lowes seems to have a good supply of those. You can also find some stainless at marine stores or a good Ace Hardware.

Old March 1st, 2015, 02:51 PM
Chris Baldewin
Bastard 90
Yes they are.
“Don't judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes”

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions