Windshield Wipers - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old January 5th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Kenny Bahr
94 D90 Alpine White #1245
Windshield Wipers

Ok, I got my d90 about 3 hrs ago, I'm very excited, however, the fuse to the windshield wipers was blown upon delivery. I changed the fuse, the wipers worked. I then push for the wiper fluid, and then the fuse blew again. What should I do? There has to be a problem somewhere, I just don't know where. If anyone knows a few things to check, please let me know.

Old January 5th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Shawn Palmer
1997 SW-Arles Blue
Sounds like a problem with the switch to me. Maybe you should take the steering column apart, and inspect the switch for corrosion.

There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness.

97 D90 SW
Old January 5th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Arthur Maravelis
97 SW
Start with less work...

Unplug the wiring at the washer pump. Apply 12V at the pump and see if it works. If not then you're lucky - most likely the pump is at fault.

If it does work, then use a voltmeter on the wiring and see if it's shorted (with a fuse installed).

If not shorted, leave the wiring open and press the switch. If it doesn't blow a fuse then connect a voltmeter at the switch and check it out.

If shorted then fuse will blow. Disconnect at switch and check it out with a voltmeter.

Hope it's not in the wiring.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions