windshield washer/tire carrier - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old July 4th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Martin Spencer
1994 D-90
windshield washer/tire carrier

I have been searching, and can't find a good answer to my questions.

My windshield washer is not working. Is there an inline fuse somewhere on the wireing? Is there a fuse for it period? I don't hear a motor trying to run at all when I turn on the windshield washers.

The other question is about the tire carrier. The stock rear carrier makes a ton of noise off road. What is the down side to putting the spare on the hood, and doing away with the rear carrier? Is there anything I can do to get the rattles out of the stock carrier?

That is why it is called a short cut. If it was easy it would just be "the way."
Old July 4th, 2010, 02:51 PM
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team
The fuse is in the main panel before the switch.

Hood mounted tires are hard to see over. When they were 2" wide tires, it was not so bad, but with real tires, it is a large PITA. Maybe your bushings are worn out.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

carrier, tire, tire carrier