Windscreen- Original v. Aftermarket - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 29th, 2009, 07:32 PM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

Heated screens are nice, but keep in mind they affect your night vision quite a bit. I am tinting all the glass quite dark except the front screen (which I also broke during removal) which I am replacing with a clear one, you can never see enough at night. (but then again I am also building custom demisters to deal with the horrible stock defroster setup).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Parts & Accessories Imported Weekly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Like us on Facebook for a discount on parts!

- Handmade Soap ideal for Mechanics!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 29th, 2009, 07:55 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajh
Heated screens are nice, but keep in mind they affect your night vision quite a bit. I am tinting all the glass quite dark except the front screen (which I also broke during removal) which I am replacing with a clear one, you can never see enough at night. (but then again I am also building custom demisters to deal with the horrible stock defroster setup).
Yeah, but you guys have lots of night up there.

Old October 29th, 2009, 10:19 PM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

My worry is more about the moose and deer.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 29th, 2009, 10:48 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
you have lots of them too.

Old October 30th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Red90
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajh
(but then again I am also building custom demisters to deal with the horrible stock defroster setup).
Have you seen this: http://www.mudstuff.co.uk/DefenderVENT.shtml Pricey, but good and easy. PLUS they are a GOOD company to deal with....
Old October 30th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Damn thats crazy, a few years ago i got one made for $110 in Wilmington CA South Bay area near Long Beach. Wonder if that place is still there. Was off PCH and Alameda.

Robert Deniro
Old February 27th, 2010, 12:57 PM
bjp
Brent
1995 D90

Are original NAS90 windscreens tinted or not?
Old February 27th, 2010, 01:53 PM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
my NAS screen was tinted ... replaced it with a clearProline ... can't say I noticed the difference ...
Old February 27th, 2010, 11:41 PM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

Are there differences between the different heated screens, the wires in the d2 scree
are pretty annoying actually.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
original