Window Rattle Solved - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old March 27th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Adam Knox
95 ST AA Yellow
Window Rattle Solved

I am planning a little road trip and decided I had to do something about the rattle in the windows on my soft top. It was the glass in the door tops making the noise as opposed to the door top itself. I ordered some glazing felt from RN, one for each door @ $30 a piece, before I realized it took 4 pieces per door. As $120 per door seemed a little steep to fix an annoying little rattle, I looked elsewhere for some felt. I found a roll of medium density 3/4" wide x 1/8" thick x 25' long for only $10 from Duro-Felt in Little Rock. Check this link for the felt I used the grey. JimC's instructions in this thread were terrific and accurate. The fix didn't take long, and now the windows are rattle free. The glass is pretty tight in there right now and takes a little more effort than usual to open and close, but I'm sure the felt will compress a little over time. Just thought someone else might enjoy saving a little money on the felt and fix an annoying problem.

Old March 30th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Jim Ngo
1994 D90 #80
I used little felt sticky pads you can find at any crafts store.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

rattle, window