Will disco wheels fit 110? Other alternatives? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old March 14th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Dave C
1983 110
Will disco wheels fit 110? Other alternatives?

What is the general rules regarding discovery wheels on a 1983 110? Or any other wheels for that matter?

My 110 is soon to leave the UK, and it is still sat on its original wheels, and naff tyres. Naturally, I don't want to buy tyres over the pond - which means any wheels i buy over there would have to be freighted seperately.

I quite like the look of the 'boost' alloys (example here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=110232306743) but am unsure if 'discovery spec' items that i'd find stateside would be suitable - as in - are the early 110 hubs compatible with alloys (i recall reading a warning about this previously but can't find it now)? Are they adequately load rated for a 110? etc.

All other rangerover / discovery wheels i've seen on 110's look decidedly lame - the only other wheel that looks acceptable is the 'wolf' wheel; or the ubiquitous 8-spokes of course!

Just looking for advice / suggestions...

Old March 14th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Jeff Briggs
Antarctic Blue Super Sports Wagon
Site Team
I don't think you'll be able to fit alloys with the stock '83 axles. The drive flanges are a bit bigger, and axle end protrudes a bit more as well. Although Disco and RR axles are dirt cheap over here.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

110, disco, wheel, wheels