Wicked Squeak - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old July 16th, 2004, 01:48 PM
None - sadly
Wicked Squeak

Hi all, got a high pitched squeak from the bonnet area of the 90. Not mechanical, but related to vehicle motion as it's going down the road. I sprayed lubricant all over the latch and rubber buttons on the underside of the bonnet to no effect. Is there a grease I can use in the hinges that won't break down the rubber in there, or discolor the paint over time? The noise could be from my dash, but I don't think it is.

Any thoughts?

Old July 16th, 2004, 02:39 PM
Mike Hippert
94 D-90 Grinding Rover
I put anti seize in the latch part to keep it working. If you are not sure it is the bonnet then pull the bonnet off and drive around, if you don't hear the squeak with the bonnet off then it's the bonnet. You might also want to check to see if the bonnet is rubbing on the wing tops.
Don't forget to Search first then ask questions later! The loose nut behind the wheel

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions