Why does the AC fan come on sometimes during glow-plug cycle? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 12th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Chaucer
Will
93 110 | 97 90

Why does the AC fan come on sometimes during glow-plug cycle?

Anyone know why the AC fan would come on sometimes during glow-plug cycle on a 300tdi? Some mornings, when I go out to start the rig, and wait for the glow plug light to turn out, I have noticed that sometimes the AC fan comes on at the same time as the glow plugs. Does this have something to do with the contacts in the ignition?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 14th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Capt Milks
Mike
Defender V-8, Defender 2.25

Nothing connects up from the A/c to the ignition switch on mine except for a switched power lead at the fuse panel. The glow plugs are on a separate power feed through a timer relay. However my A/C is an aftermarket made for the Defender and not a factory unit.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ac, fan