Who makes a D90 cargo slide? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old May 27th, 2016, 04:13 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

Who makes a D90 cargo slide?

Does anyone know who makes a cargo slide for the D90? I am looking for something similar to this one.
Advertisement

Old May 27th, 2016, 04:22 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

Thanks buddy.
Old May 27th, 2016, 04:23 PM
rlynch356
Robert Lynch
1995 NAS

Adventure trails I'm sure could make you one, they do a full drawer for the 90

95' D90 - daily driver..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 27th, 2016, 04:26 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

Looks like Tuffy only makes drawers. I'm looking for a cargo slide that I can drop a fridge and other stuff on. Front Runner has them but not sure what fits a 90. I have an email in with them and waiting to hear back. Adventure trailers? Custom sounds expensive. I could also just get one fabbed at my friends shop. If I'm gonna go the custom route I'll design it myself and have my friend make it.
Old May 27th, 2016, 06:35 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

The bed slides are for pick up trucks.

Here's a snag with making a D90 cargo slide. The door mechanism gets in the way.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2774252228.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	462.6 KB
ID:	150359  
Old May 27th, 2016, 07:07 PM
cascade90
Mason Worley
'95/NAS D90 SW #59/500

Carl, if it was me I'd make one myself and it would fit My needs and be half the price of the one you showed. The hardware is out their. High capacity glides w/locks and the sheetmetal to make work. You could make hold downs for anything you'd want to carry.
Old May 27th, 2016, 07:36 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

I think you're right, Mason. Looks like I am heading down that path.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cascade90 View Post
Carl, if it was me I'd make one myself and it would fit My needs and be half the price of the one you showed. The hardware is out their. High capacity glides w/locks and the sheetmetal to make work. You could make hold downs for anything you'd want to carry.
Old May 27th, 2016, 08:28 PM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
Seems like it would be an even simpler drawer project. You could use the drawer slides that lock in the shut and open position which would eliminate the need for a latch.

------ Follow up post added May 27th, 2016 08:28 PM ------

https://www.accuride.com/en-us/products/9308-ie
Old May 27th, 2016, 11:49 PM
rlynch356
Robert Lynch
1995 NAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimal View Post
The bed slides are for pick up trucks. Here's a snag with making a D90 cargo slide. The door mechanism gets in the way.
Hence the A/T suggestion.. Their drawer accounts for this..
If it were me (I can't do this btw, due to kiddos) I would do an a/t drawer and mount a fridge slide on top.. You gain the full space of the drawer and can then mount not only the fridge but tie downs on a flat surface - I am running Troy boxes as well..
Purely IMHO...

95' D90 - daily driver..
Old May 28th, 2016, 01:04 AM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

I've been looking at the accuride slides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jymmiejamz View Post
Seems like it would be an even simpler drawer project. You could use the drawer slides that lock in the shut and open position which would eliminate the need for a latch. ------ Follow up post added May 27th, 2016 08:28 PM ------ https://www.accuride.com/en-us/products/9308-ie
Old May 28th, 2016, 01:09 AM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

Drawers aren't an option. I need a super low profile cargo slide. It can't be taller than an inch or my fridge won't fit with underneath the shelf that I'm building right above it. If I move the shelf up it'll sit halfway up the gullwing windows.

I also think it's a good idea to mount the heavy stuff as low as possible. The fridge is 80lbs... Empty. That's why I want it and water/fuel cans sitting next to it, on a super low profile slider as low in the tub as possible, in order to keep the center of gravity as low as possible. It may sound surprising but I've actually thought about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlynch356 View Post
Hence the A/T suggestion.. Their drawer accounts for this.. If it were me (I can't do this btw, due to kiddos) I would do an a/t drawer and mount a fridge slide on top.. You gain the full space of the drawer and can then mount not only the fridge but tie downs on a flat surface - I am running Troy boxes as well.. Purely IMHO...
Old May 28th, 2016, 03:46 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

An inch with slides underneath just isn't enough space. The Arb fridge slide is three inches too to bottom Inc vertical sides.
http://www.arbusa.com/uploads/PDF/ne...der_retail.pdf

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old May 28th, 2016, 11:58 AM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

It depends on how it is constructed. The fridge slide Engel makes in Australia is very low profile. If the L-angle bracket is facing down instead of up the fridge sits inside the slider as opposed some where it sits on top of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
An inch with slides underneath just isn't enough space. The Arb fridge slide is three inches too to bottom Inc vertical sides.
http://www.arbusa.com/uploads/PDF/ne...der_retail.pdf
Old November 24th, 2016, 12:33 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

Cargo Slide Design in progress.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
90, d90, slide