White noise type sound from steering wheel - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 30th, 2009, 10:09 PM
aosias
Alexandra
1995 D90

Registry
White noise type sound from steering wheel

When I have the engine running and I turn the wheel right or left I hear a white noise sound from the steering wheel area. I noticed it today when putting the truck in the driveway. No noise with the key in the accessories position, or when the truck is just running. It's just when I turn the wheel right or left. I had the radio off and still heard it. At first I thought there was some combinatin between the radio and the steering that was making this happen, but it didn't go away with the radio off.

Ideas of source or what to start looking at?

Alex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 31st, 2009, 01:47 AM
paulnb57
Paul Beckwith
92 D90 300tdi hard top rebuild

Problem with Power assisted steering I reckon you are hearing the PA fluid whooshing in the system - try bleeding it...................or the fluid level is low?

Paul

Eat Drink Play, After death there is no pleasure.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
wheel