Which Winch Bumper? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 10th, 2004, 04:55 PM
javelinadave
-
-

Which Winch Bumper?

Time to throw a few more $$$ into the rig. I am open to all your input. What do you think about ARB, Rockware, SG, etc....
Who has the best bumper price?
Also, does anybody have a SG spare tire rack? If so, what are your thoughts???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 10th, 2004, 05:23 PM
Eric Siepmann
Eric W. Siepmann
1997 Defender 90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by javelinadave
Time to throw a few more $$$ into the rig. I am open to all your input. What do you think about ARB, Rockware, SG, etc....
Who has the best bumper price?
Also, does anybody have a SG spare tire rack? If so, what are your thoughts???
I had a SG spare tire carier. It was OK. I sold it and bought a Mantec. Didn't use the Jerry Can holders at all and thought they looked funny empty. Got a little rusty being here in the salt too long. I think I just got a bad coat, as the rest of them I've seen have held up much better. Ok but a bit pricey.

Don't have any of the after market winch bumpers above so I can't really offer anything there. I have the OEM one that came with the truck. I am looking at getting a Mantec, Rovertracks HD Tie rod ect.. for the front. I like the CT look myself.

FWIW which ain't much,

EwS
Old November 11th, 2004, 01:55 AM
landmckay
Lorne McKay
1997 D90

I'm in Scottsdale and have had a SG tire carrier on for the past year. It beats the original carrier by far but how it compares to the others is a matter of choice. I have had my fill of dealing with SG and their lack of any customer attention so if you can wait months before receiving it and not have it bother you then they are an option.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 11th, 2004, 09:02 AM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
Rockware gets my vote for bumper and tire carrier.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old November 11th, 2004, 02:54 PM
m.michaels
Matthew Michaels
1997 D90 SW

Rockware for Sure

I have got a Rockware front bumper (an 5mph accident bent my stock front bumper) - and the thing is a work of art. The paint job wasn't great but I ended up getting it powder coated locally. At any rate I think th frame of the 90 will bend before this bumper will. The approach angles are great, light tabs, limb risers, recovery points - it is the complete package.
Old November 11th, 2004, 03:52 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
go with rockware. Also he can make you a rear tire carrier in any configuration you want.

www.rockware.net
Old November 11th, 2004, 04:25 PM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.michaels
I have got a Rockware front bumper (an 5mph accident bent my stock front bumper) - and the thing is a work of art. The paint job wasn't great but I ended up getting it powder coated locally. At any rate I think th frame of the 90 will bend before this bumper will. The approach angles are great, light tabs, limb risers, recovery points - it is the complete package.

Well let's be fair. They are stought. But anything will bend or break... Bendy RW bumper

But the fellow also hit a tree going about 15-20 MPH.

Old November 11th, 2004, 04:40 PM
RyanS
Ryan
'93 NAS 110

I have a SG spare tire carrier, and it was way expensive. Not only the price of the carrier from SG, but add to that all of the little pieces you need to buy from LR. It's outrageous. Functionally I'm happy with it, but I'd think that there's a much more cost effective solution.

I've really liked everything I've purchased from Rockware. When I replace my ARB (soon I hope), it'll most likley be with a Rockware bumper. I don't think I've ever heard anyone complain about them.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
bumper, winch