Defender Source Forum banner

Which Brand Stainless Brake Lines?

Tags
brake
6K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  ///Maximus 
#1 ·
Which lines are the best? Does it matter?

All should be extended, which is recommended, but not needed with a 1.5 OME setup.

Rovahfarm:
DA240040S, Britpart, $55

RN:
SBL2003E, Goodridge, Sale $90

AB:
ABP158, unknown, $95

Might as well replace the clutch hose while I'm bleeding/flushing everything with my new Motive Products Power Bleeder Kit 0109.

Rovah clutch hose: NRC2211 $10

#2 ·
thinking about doing this myself...
are you going to overhaul or replace the brake booster too?
Does the Motive Products 0109 have all the parts needed for Land Rovers?

#6 ·
Thanks, guys.

I was not planning on replacing any brake components except the SS lines. Unless someone convinces me otherwise.

I like the prices and choices on lrdirect. First time ordering from them. Good timing, bc yesterday I disassembled the cooling system due to overheating: fan clutch, w pump, rad rebuild, etc..... 45 items later, I'm saving a bundle.

#10 ·
X2 if you lowered your shock mounts and/or added long travel shocks then you should address the brake lines as well. I learned this in the early days the hard way coming off a steep drop my back axle dropped as it was supposed to but the lines were not long enough and I snapped one. Trail fix is to quickly crimp your hard line and limp home the best you can.

#14 ·
I guess a better question is, is there a down side to going with +4?
RN has both and there ls only a $10 difference

------ Follow up post added October 1st, 2017 10:58 AM ------

And my current +2 setup looks tired and it doesn't seem like there's much slack

#16 ·
I guess a better question is, is there a down side to going with +4? RN has both and there ls only a $10 difference ------ Follow up post added October 1st, 2017 10:58 AM ------ And my current +2 setup looks tired and it doesn't seem like there's much slack
My concern would be droopy lines that catch on something. I have +2's with stock-length shocks, retained springs and lowered mounts. My axles have been at full extension many many times and I've not had any problems.

#20 ·
Yes, but ended up going with Britpart DA240040S from LRDirect for 30 bucks. The one man job was extremely easy with the Motive power bleeder and a new set of Husky flare wrenches.

Although I try to buy as local as possible, LRDirect shipped 50 items faster and cheaper than the stateside vendors. Had my parts in 2 days! Amazing.... But after replacing all cooling components, I'm still chasing this dang overheating issue at idle and high RPMs. Next stop -head gasket.. ugh, but for another thread... At least now my brakes aren't pulling to the right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.