where is the best price on black steel rims - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old August 11th, 2004, 09:50 PM
draaronr
Here
LR3

where is the best price on black steel rims

Where to get and what back spacing do you recommend want to run a 285 or a 33 if I go 15inch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 11th, 2004, 10:21 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Trek outfitters. Tina is a sweetheart and she can arrange custom backspacing if you want.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old August 11th, 2004, 10:51 PM
draaronr
Here
LR3

What backspacing should I get to retain my turning radius? I like the fatter tire look on the defenders I just want to get a wider tire for the sand down here at the beach.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 12th, 2004, 01:24 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

for a 12.50 you could go 10in wide. That would give you a good stance. 4in backspacing would allow you to go full lock. I might be interested in selling mine, you can look at them in the Front Suspension post. PM if you are interested. I can give you more detail on backspacing too.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old August 12th, 2004, 09:31 AM
WhiteD90
Johnathan Tisdale
93 110, 90 RockRR buggy

I agree with David on the 4" backspacing but I like a 15x8. It gives you a slight sidewall bulge which helps protect the rim if you wheel in rocks and generally a tire mounted on a 15x8 stands a bit taller than the same tire mounted on a 15x10.

Tis
Old August 12th, 2004, 09:43 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

come on Tiz, I'm thinking about selling my wheels here! Your right though, 8 are better for rocks, but for sand, the 10 would create a larger contact patch.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ac, rims