Where do the reverse light leads come from? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old May 6th, 2012, 07:31 PM
red64chevelle
Daniel Smith
86 110 300TDI,16 Disco Sport

Registry
Where do the reverse light leads come from?

I used to have a working reverse light, until the leads got wrapped around the front driveshaft and pulled off. I know where they hook up to the LT77, but where do they go after that?

I have a couple feet of the green leads in the black tubing, and it was the front axle shaft, so I am assuming the engine compartment someplace.

Thank in advance.

-Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 6th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Capt Milks
Mike
Defender V-8, Defender 2.25

I think it comes off of one of the multi plugs that are on the firewall RH side. It should be in the same harness as the diff light and hand brake light.
Old May 6th, 2012, 08:39 PM
red64chevelle
Daniel Smith

Registry
Thanks, I will try to chase it down tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 14th, 2013, 05:30 PM
red64chevelle
Daniel Smith

Registry
Could someone snap a picture of which multi-plug the harness went into? I have a couple of that side, and the wire could have reached any of them.

Thanks.
Old January 16th, 2013, 06:49 AM
Capt Milks
Mike
Defender V-8, Defender 2.25

You will have two harnesses to look at. One will be the transmission harness and the other will be the Chassis harness that goes to the rear of the truck. All of my harnesses are a bit newer but the colors should be similar. For the trans harness the plug will be a green/yellow, (Power) and a Green/Brown or a ltgreen/brown. I have also seen a LTGreen/Purple for the rev. light along with the Green/Yellow going to the rear. Some times the manufacture changed the color code from one side of the plug to the other side so you have to make sure the color didn't change.
I might think that if the drive shaft took out the harness it might be the wires coming from the rev. switch?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ht