Where did you put your ECU - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 30th, 2004, 02:48 PM
jcasteel
John Casteel
1961 Series IIa

Where did you put your ECU

Occasionally I'll see a note that someone moved their ECU. Perhaps it was to put in an extra gas tank or to raise the electronics further above the waterline. I have a '95 D-90 and I'm curious where you put the ECU and probably the Engine Code display. Did you move it under the hood and into a waterproof box, Pelican case or similiar?

Would placing the ECU into a sealed Pelican case cause problems?

Curious as to how you may have accomplished this move.

Thanks, John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 30th, 2004, 06:07 PM
javelinadave
-
-

We are not sure if Mike Hippert keeps his ECU here, a bologna sandwich, or his stash of pot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pot.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	188.8 KB
ID:	2199  
Old December 30th, 2004, 08:14 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

I keep them all in there . The tupperware container works pretty good, it has not over heated or anything either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 30th, 2004, 08:49 PM
souza
Dave Souza
1995 Defender 90 SW #275

I raised mine off the floor of the seat box with some stacked 2x4 pieces. It gives me those few extra inches that can be sooo important. One deep hole in florida taught me that.
Old December 31st, 2004, 02:39 PM
DiscoDino
Nadim Samara
1992 Disco "Dino"

I have bolted my ECU to the top of my inner cage (Disco)...works great...had to extend the wires a couple of feet, no issues yet (6 months)
'04 Disco II stock
'07BMW G650X Challenge (farkled)
Old January 12th, 2005, 11:20 AM
roverboy
Thomas
Booger

Souza,

you said a "deep hole in Florida" taught you that lesson. Was that lesson learned in Richloam by chance? And if so...was it learned by watching Susie sink MY TRUCK??? WHat a lesson indeed. God, was that awful.

Do you remember the color of that "water"?.....Baby Sh*t green?.....Split Pea Soup?....

Ahhhh....good time$.

tom
Old January 12th, 2005, 11:31 AM
souza
Dave Souza
1995 Defender 90 SW #275

ha-ha Peacock,

Not watching you and Sus, apparently that wasn't good enough. I had to try it myself some time later. Of course it was Richloam, but it was a different hole... In fact, it was one of the holes that normally is so deep, no one tries it. But one year it was extremely dry in Richloam (a rarity) and so decided to give it a shot... mistake. I shut the truck down in the water, was pulled out and let the seat box drain. Took out the ECU, washed it off with clean water, let it dry in the sun (with the help of compressed air keyboard cleaner) and put it back in. Started right up and finished the day a little wiser and weary of the big holes

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ecu