Wheels and backspacing - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old February 13th, 2005, 09:19 PM
Jase
Jase
pending

Wheels and backspacing

Although I hate to bring this up again.... I will.

Assume 15x8 wheels and 35/12.5/15 or 36/12.5/15 tires.
- 4 inches of backspacing = too little and I'm asking for the tires to redo the body?
- 5 inches of backspacing = too much and the tires will be rubbing on the frame, inner fenders, radius arms, etc.

I've run the standard 4.25 inchers your get from ARE with 35s but I was wondering if a little more would help the tire tuck inside. I ask about 4 inchers because I think that is the most you can get from MRW.

For those who have run either what are your thoughts.
Jason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 13th, 2005, 10:43 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

It's 4in. That is the sweet spot. More and you hit the inner fenders, less and you hit the body. If you decide that you want something other than the norm, trekoutfitters will do any backspacing you want for $60 a wheel and 10% off if you mention this site. I am running 3in backspacing now. Would not recommend it to you.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old February 14th, 2005, 01:41 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Jason what tires are you thinking of? Swamper's? It kinda makes a difference as some tires are wider then the others in the same size. How close are things with what you have now? It is really hard to com-pair rover to rover as no one has the same setup (same lift, bumper tires that kinda stuff). How close are you to hitting the radius arms right now? And you know if you tuck the tires in you will be loosing some stability. Just my .02
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 14th, 2005, 10:26 PM
Jase
Jase
pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hippert
Jason what tires are you thinking of? Swamper's? It kinda makes a difference as some tires are wider then the others in the same size. How close are things with what you have now? It is really hard to com-pair rover to rover as no one has the same setup (same lift, bumper tires that kinda stuff). How close are you to hitting the radius arms right now? And you know if you tuck the tires in you will be loosing some stability. Just my .02
Hey Mike,

I'm thinking 35/12.5 inch SSRs, for my next d90. My prior d90 with 15x8 AREs and 35 inch MTRs only rubbed on the rear fender flares. I think I'll try the SSRs and MRWs with 4 inch BS (thanks David) and adjust the suspension and flares as required. Anyone have opinions on the MRW non-beadlocks?

Anyone fit 36/13.5 Iroks on a d90 yet? If there was a 35 inch I would run these for the low weight.

Jason

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ac, wheel, wheels