Defender Source Forum banner

Wheel spacers for 110 CSW?

11K views 28 replies 17 participants last post by  rherl 
#1 ·
Can anyone recommend proper wheel spacers for a 1987 110 CSW? Want to widen stance by 1 or 1.5 inches. Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#11 ·
I'm running 255/85-16s on my 90. I also have the RN sources wheel arch fuel tank that is a god send on weekend wheeling trips like Winter Romp (gets better every time).

Any clearance problem with 255 tires and spacers? How about 285 and spacers? Ask the last question as 255 seem to be disappearing from manufacturers sites these days. Hate to be forced into wider fatter tires but it may happen.

#22 ·
Wheel spacers are devil's spawn. You have to re-torque them periodically or risk losing the wheels at some point.
Looking t your picture I'd be worried about the shearing stress you're putting on those lugs, but then the other fella in this thread has his Wolfs almost like that and he seems to be wheeling around happily.

#27 ·
I’m just not seeing why these would be more prone to come off than a standard wheel. 2x as many lugs so double the possibility of a lug coming loose? Maybe. Still feels like an extreme long shot if they are torqued down to spec.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#28 ·
I put wheel spacers on my 89 110. I'm a little concerned about the amount of threads from the wheel stud that didn't go into the nut. It looks like it is about 3 threads left to go.

When I have the factory steel wheels (EXMOD) on it without the spacers, the nuts are flush with the end of the wheel stud.
Should I be concerned the studs are too short for the spacers?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

#29 ·
I lost a wheel once. Luckily it was at 2AM coming home from work. No Traffic and I was going slow. It was a rear wheel so the only damage was it scraped up my disc and when the wheel came off it knocked off some of the wheel arch rivets. Luckily I wasn't going 65 on the freeway in traffic. I'll never use them again. The funny thing was when I pulled them all off it was only the one wheel that had any lug nuts loose. I know I torqued them all down on installation as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.