Defender Source Forum banner

What sensor?

Tags
sensor
1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Etrier 
#1 ·
94 D90 with the 3.9, had factory AC but has been removed. What sensor is located on the front of the block, slightly below and to the left (as viewed from front) of the thermostat housing. If you are looking at the AC cuttoff switch (now the VW thermostat switch for my electric fans) it is almost touching at 90* and slightly below. It HAD a single wire connected but in the process of replacing my heater hoses I broke the tab off. Is that the fuel temp sensor?

#2 ·
It is the sensor for your temp. gauge in the dash.

Follow-up Post:

If you order a replacement make sure it is the same color. The NAS Defender parts book is wrong on this subject so don't rely on the part # only. Make sure what you put in is the same color as what you took out. Likely a white sender for your year.

#3 ·
Mike, Thanks for the reply....guess it's time to do the VDO swap since I replaced everything else last/this week(custom radiator, mocal mod with remote oil cooler, FAL 210, new hoses/belts, copious rust removal and refinishing, oil pump rebuid, sump cleaned and new pickup tube, AC removed, sway bars removed) Head Gasket was done last fall by the PO, along with new paint/tires/upholstery. Next up is rear skid plate, brakes (complete replacement with new calipers), and suspension. &(#&*$ ex-"soccer mom from florida" D90 - What's "maintenance"?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.