What parts of the seatbox are made of steel? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old February 11th, 2004, 08:52 PM
Chris Cox
Chris Cox
94 D90 SW, 300tdi

What parts of the seatbox are made of steel?

I coated my seatbox with POR15, but I was not satisfied with the rust still being there. I tore the box back apart tonight, and am stripping the paint and going to get the steel parts galvanized. I know that the 2 lower boxes of the seat box are steel. Are any of the top and front pieces made of steel? I believe they are aluminum, but some places look like they are rusting. This might just be from the hardware rusting. Thanks for the help in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 11th, 2004, 09:46 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
the seat box is aluminum but the battery box that mounts inside the seat box is steel.
Old February 11th, 2004, 10:08 PM
Chris Cox
Chris Cox
94 D90 SW, 300tdi

That's what I thought. Thanks Randy. By the way, I haven't forgotten you on that disk. I moved my office, and haven't found it yet. As soon as I do, its in the mail.

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 11th, 2004, 10:33 PM
Neo
Jeffrey Rosbrugh
95 D90 ST #2585

Chris, Is there somewhere local to you to do the galvanizing? Did you not also galv you chassis? I was thinking about doing it when I get a shop to work in, but was uncertain how far I would have to take it. Thanks for the info!
Old February 11th, 2004, 11:19 PM
Chris Cox
Chris Cox
94 D90 SW, 300tdi

Jeff, the closest place to us is on the other side of Burlington, which is a HAUL. I am trying to get everything in order to carry a batch of parts, so hopefully I can drop them off one morning, waste all day around Burlington, and bring the parts back with me the same day.
Old February 15th, 2004, 11:49 PM
snuffer
Randy Black
'95 D 90 SW

Anytime you can't tell aluminum from steel check it with a magnet.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
part, parts