What Insurance Company?? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 23rd, 2004, 05:33 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

What Insurance Company??

Hey,

You guys located in California, what insurance companies are you using? This is an odd vehicle in that they are sold for a lot more than they should be. Anybody have a good experience? Looking for a combo of a good company and cheap rates. Thanks!!

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 25th, 2004, 01:10 AM
c2sox
Al Cruz
93 110 #428 and 01 Disco SD7

David,

Try American Express, yes the credit card company...go figure?
Anyway I insured my rig with them full coverage with $250 deductible for $475 a year. Actrually I insured 4 cars with them so I did get the multiple car discount.

Hope you could get a good rate with them!

Al
Old January 25th, 2004, 05:44 PM
paulb
Paul / Boultbee
1994 D-90, Green #1576

I'm with Prudential which has just been bought by Liberty Mutual and I pay $1000 a year for a 94 D-90 and an 02 RX-300
Multi car discount and my home is with them as well. Last year in NJ, I paid twice this for less coverage.
Advertisement

Old January 26th, 2004, 01:39 AM
wicks
Wicks
97 Defender LE SW #44

American Express here as well. 800-842-3344

Also allowed me to add a $5000 equipment coverage (winch, lights, etc.) as well.
Old January 26th, 2004, 12:00 PM
Glenn_Guinto
Glenn Guinto
94LWB; 99D1; 06RR S/C

Registry
Thumbs down

Damn... another reason to move the hell outa here!

I'm with Liberty Mutual here in NJ, I pay $1900 for the D90 for full coverage. My agent showed me a chart of the tiers that they use when determining the insurance for various cars. The top tier was tier 26, and that's where you have the Porsches, Vipers and the like, I think a Honda Accord and Toyota Camry is in tier 9 - 10. The Defender is on tier 21! What sucks too is there's not much selections here anymore, AllState pulled out and State Farm as well.

Time to move!

Old January 26th, 2004, 02:09 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Thanks everybody! I just called American Express and they beat what I am paying right now by $400!! I am waiting for 2 more quotes but I will probably end up with those guys. Thank you all again. Still need to ask about $5000 equipment though, oh well, it was a first quote.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
insurance