Defender Source Forum banner

What have you done to your Defender today.

Tags
defender
768K views 6K replies 536 participants last post by  SadKingBilly 
#1 ·
Well this Thread is a very popular thread on a couple other forums that I frequent. So, I thought I'd give it a go on here too..

I after a little Blasphemous session got my new windscreen and seal installed.

See less See more
#3,547 ·
#3,564 ·
Lately I've been having idle issues related to the IACV.
Using RoverGauge, I removed the IACV plunger and discovered little to no lube on the threads and keyways. I lubed them then reinstalled without the spring. I'm wondering if the spring is overworking the electrical motor. We shall see...

#3,566 ·
Are you moving, or just the truck?

I recently had a GBR rear driveshaft installed (I "candy caned" the old one at Wintergreen earlier this year) which eradicated all noticeable driveline vibration. I've been dealing with what sounded like an angry Honey Badger on Crack under my truck during off-throttle deceleration over 60 mph for the past 5 years. I also had RTE offset rear links installed at the same time. And finally I got rid of the old school bus steering wheel and replaced it with a Moto-Lita perforated leather wrapped wheel. I should have done that one years ago. :thumb:

#3,575 ·
Replaced diesel shutoff solenoid.

After I was able to cut a 15/16" box wrench in half the solenoid came out and back in relatively easily. I did have to use vise grips a couple times to slowly and slightly just enough to be able to get the box wrench fully on. I would have thought the 24mm would have been better but there was more space/play. Didn't want to round out the sides of the solenoid.

#3,576 · (Edited)
Replaced diesel shutoff solenoid. After I was able to cut a 15/16" box wrench in half the solenoid came out and back in relatively easily. I did have to use vise grips a couple times to slowly and slightly just enough to be able to get the box wrench fully on. I would have thought the 24mm would have been better but there was more space/play. Didn't want to round out the sides of the solenoid.
Oh good tip. I'll be replacing mine this weekend. Anything else to look out for? I ordered a replacement Bearmach unit.

#3,578 ·
I unexpectedly left my truck at J Whites, my local indy LR guy. I was dropping off my MGB's wheels for new tires when the 90 started spewing diesel from the injector pump. I am awed by the coincidence; I've been driving it for the past few days, checking for leaks as always, and it just decided to fail sitting in Jeff's place..... Figure she wanted to spend a few days w/ a bunch of other Rovers.

#3,580 ·
I took a ride in a AAA flat bed last night. :(

As soon as I put the top up and windows on I tried to see what the problem was. Truck started right up.

So I was able to put it back in the garage. Murphy's Law

#3,591 ·
Drove it

Drove from seller's to hotel in Birmingham.

Seller has replaced transfer box, mid and rear silencers and piping, expansion tank, cam belt (300TDi) and said the rear crossmember passed MOT but only had a few years left...he tossed a replacement crossmember 1/4 frame in the truck for me!

Drove into garage with hand up to ensure I did not rip roof off.

#3,594 ·
Drove her on the beach on the Vineyard at Sunrise...

Then tried to install my new antiburst latches and door cards but forgot my '83-'84 latches had different f*%&ing strikers too.