Defender Source Forum banner

What have you done to your Defender today.

Tags
defender
768K views 6K replies 536 participants last post by  SadKingBilly 
#1 ·
Well this Thread is a very popular thread on a couple other forums that I frequent. So, I thought I'd give it a go on here too..

I after a little Blasphemous session got my new windscreen and seal installed.

See less See more
#3,469 ·
Tidied up

Did some rust remediation underneath. Ordered up new replacements for the rusted vent surround replacements. Ordered a new windshield as the plastic sandwiched between the two pieces of glass has turned into a prism. Polished the hood ornament. Repainted the shovel on the wing. Probably going to add calipers to my order. Finally installed an old army supply box to the roof rack just to make sure I don't have the clearance to park in any parking garages ever again.

Attachments

#3,471 ·
Did some rust remediation underneath. Ordered up new replacements for the rusted vent surround replacements. Ordered a new windshield as the plastic sandwiched between the two pieces of glass has turned into a prism. Polished the hood ornament. Repainted the shovel on the wing. Probably going to add calipers to my order. Finally installed an old army supply box to the roof rack just to make sure I don't have the clearance to park in any parking garages ever again.
is that tilt shift? I'm not a photographer, I just like things that look miniaturized.

#3,470 · (Edited)
Finally got my 90! After a few months (in the shop awaiting replacement parts in UK to remove turbo for import purposes) it finally arrived today.
Shout out to all of those that take the time to reply to questions and post their experiences. Thanks to all of you and I look forward to further interaction and contribution.

https://goo.gl/photos/BMyPxYquBYT43fLx5

(sorry, I can not seem to figure out how to post thumbs of photos, I click the insert photo button but it only creates an

#3,472 · (Edited)
Ignition Switch Hotwire/Bypass (emergency field repair)

Not something I've done to "my" Rover per se, but something that I put together to use for a trail spare for the next inevitable poor sap that I'm out with that has their ignition switch fail on them (which, to be honest, I probably get 2-4 people a month reach out to me on how to bypass/hotwire the ignition switch due to failure).

Anyhow, put together an emergency "plug-and-play harness" complete with the switch and labeled connectors to throw in the truck / box of spares for the next emergency repair....should literally now be a 5-minute (or less) solution for someone with a failed ignition switch:

Attachments

#3,474 ·
Not something I've done to "my" Rover per se, but something that I put together to use for a trail spare for the next inevitable poor sap that I'm out with that has their ignition switch fail on them (which, to be honest, I probably get 2-4 people a month reach out to me on how to bypass/hotwire the ignition switch due to failure). Anyhow, put together an emergency "plug-and-play harness" complete with the switch and labeled connectors to throw in the truck / box of spares for the next emergency repair....should literally now be a 5-minute (or less) solution for someone with a failed ignition switch:

#3,473 ·
I've made a few of those over the years with spares on board for other fellows. The last similar item was way to open the circuit on the coil to shut the truck off. Their truck wouldn't shut off but could start just fine. So I made a jump wire with a switch to open the hot side of the coil till they got home to change out the switch. All good things to keep on board. 'Cause you just never know.

#3,476 ·
In last month, I've refreshed the serpentine belt, wired up the aux fuel tank (de-rust all the metal connector pieces and replaced the hardened hoses), added the rear LED work lamp, swapped out PIAA halogen to LED's driving light, wired these to factory toggle at factory switch locations. And lastly, the "sexy" update is to Pilot Automotive VP-3106C LED headlights. Got these off seller on ebay for $420/pair (amazon has them for $490).
These are the same as the LED that comes on the Autobiography, but in DOT spec.

#3,496 ·
In last month, I've refreshed the serpentine belt, wired up the aux fuel tank (de-rust all the metal connector pieces and replaced the hardened hoses), added the rear LED work lamp, swapped out PIAA halogen to LED's driving light, wired these to factory toggle at factory switch locations. And lastly, the "sexy" update is to Pilot Automotive VP-3106C LED headlights. Got these off seller on ebay for $420/pair (amazon has them for $490).
These are the same as the LED that comes on the Autobiography, but in DOT spec.

View attachment 152495
How hard were those lights to mount?

#3,481 · (Edited)
Replaced the nutserts for the bezels. I have no idea how these were even holding a screw in but they did. The picture is of two broken and two new nutserts [emoji15].

Replaced the broken window tab. Easier than I thought without taking the whole door apart.

Also installed A-pillar trim and the foam padding that insulates the transmission hole.

#3,483 ·
Installed a pair of Corbeau LG1 seats, hence my FS ad for all 7 old seats & console.

#3,486 ·
After looking at the boxes suspiciously in my garage for several months, finally giving Sawtooth rims a try. Am not convinced they look better than my old skool silver modulars. But you be the judge. They somehow make my 235/85/16 coopers look smaller ...

Attachments

#3,488 ·

Attachments

#3,499 ·
Re-attached power steering pulling and new serpentine belt roadside.....

------ Follow up post added July 6th, 2016 11:21 AM ------

Re-attached power steering pulling and new serpentine belt roadside.....