Defender Source Forum banner

What have you done to your Defender today.

Tags
defender
768K views 6K replies 536 participants last post by  SadKingBilly 
#1 ·
Well this Thread is a very popular thread on a couple other forums that I frequent. So, I thought I'd give it a go on here too..

I after a little Blasphemous session got my new windscreen and seal installed.

See less See more
#3,377 ·
Lower dash upgrade

Another much wanted upgrade...

I couldn't stand the old, worn and not-illuminated switches in the lower dash,
so when I searched for an aftermarket solution I found the nice custom dash that Jason at Series-Defender Outfitters sells, and bought mine.
I also bought some new Carling switches from US & UK and now I have 3x nice fat switches for the hazard, fog and windshield lights.

:cool:

Attachments

#3,381 ·
Knightsbridge Overland Seat Covers

I just installed new Knightsbridge Overland seat covers. I believe they bought the patterns, etc from Kexby. Im very happy with the fit and finish. I asked for grey covers with black piping and the owner was very accommodating and easy to work with. The only trouble I had was with getting the headrests off the seat. Once I figured that out it was a ten minute job.

Attachments

#3,382 ·
Thanks for the ringing endorsement, Jack.

Yes it is true. Knightsbridge Overland (formally Kexby Land Rover Seat Covers) are available at the Knightsbridge Overland online store at www.knightsbridgeoverland.com
Seat covers are available for Series, Range Rover Classic, D90, D110 and Discovery I models in both Tactical and non-Tactical configurations - in black, tan and grey. Please visit the store....more details in the D90 Source Vendor section soon.

#3,383 ·
Thanks for the ringing endorsement, Jack. Yes it is true. Knightsbridge Overland (formally Kexby Land Rover Seat Covers) are available at the Knightsbridge Overland online store at www.knightsbridgeoverland.com Seat covers are available for Series, Range Rover Classic, D90, D110 and Discovery I models in both Tactical and non-Tactical configurations - in black, tan and grey. Please visit the store....more details in the D90 Source Vendor section soon.
sweet

#3,384 ·
Hopefully it's safe now to mention this and I don't jinks myself by saying that this week I've logged about 200 fresh new miles on my tdi and, she's running great.

She was actually running really rough over the weekend which was a bummer. It's been a challenging build/swap at times so I have to publically thank Dave Bobeck for his patience and sticktoitiveness, to say the least.

I was telling Dave today I've been leaving for work early and driving around at lunch because it's just so freakin fun to drive. Left work early today and plan on calling in sick tomorrow too.

Vain parking spot so I could stare at it while having coffee this morning.

Attachments

#3,387 ·
Hopefully it's safe now to mention this and I don't jinks myself by saying that this week I've logged about 200 fresh new miles on my tdi and, she's running great. She was actually running really rough over the weekend which was a bummer. It's been a challenging build/swap at times so I have to publically thank Dave Bobeck for his patience and sticktoitiveness, to say the least. I was telling Dave today I've been leaving for work early and driving around at lunch because it's just so freakin fun to drive. Left work early today and plan on calling in sick tomorrow too. Vain parking spot so I could stare at it while having coffee this morning.
congrats Clay !

------ Follow up post added May 26th, 2016 09:15 PM ------

Mounted my Frontrunner Awning
very cool Bobby - nice to see the truck back home

#3,392 · (Edited)
This morning the wife took some screen, sewing machine, and 550 cord to fabricate window screens. The are built like pillow cases and we slide them over the rolled down windows to keep the bugs out and allow ventilation when the two oldest kids sleep in the rover. With three kids we do the smallest kid in the RTT with the wife and I with the two oldest in the back on foam pads. Florida bugs and bears will get you!

#3,393 ·
This morning the wife took some screen, sewing machine, and 550 cord to fabricate window screens. The are built like pillow cases and we slide them over the rolled down windows to keep the bugs out and allow ventilation when the two oldest kids sleep in the rover. With three kids we do the smallest kid in the RTT with the wife and I with the two oldest in the back on foam pads. Florida bugs and bears will get you!
I need to do this!

#3,401 ·
Tested out the window screen socks and they worked great. Zero bugs overnight and kids loved it.
you might have a viable future product in the works there. I've slept in my 110 a few times and I definitely get how this would be a huge help. I love how simple and effective is sounds.

#3,404 ·
I'm starting to get blisters from cutting these horse stall mats. Used four of the 1/2" 3' X 4' mats to finish the rear seat area and load space. I used a Forster wood bit to relieve the back where the floor bolts were to get it to sit flat, everything else was cut with a utility knife.

Attachments

#3,412 ·
Yes-^^ this ^^

I have a tiny spray bottle; just a few drops of dishwashing soap + water, 9:1 ratio.

Use a sharp razor or carpet blade and it will cut rubber like buttah...

Open carry during the cutting is optionsal but encouraged. :grin

#3,417 ·
I replaced the large rear suspension bushes that have the 3 bolts holding them to the chassis.
Great improvement in stability, I'd got used to the slight twitch needed on the steering wheel when coming on or off the power but the return journey to Bovington Tank Museum was rather tiring -250 miles with lots of rear axle steering input kept me focused.:eek:

All fixed, drives in a straight line and the strange knocks have gone too