Defender Source Forum banner

What have you done to your Defender today.

Tags
defender
768K views 6K replies 536 participants last post by  SadKingBilly 
#1 ·
Well this Thread is a very popular thread on a couple other forums that I frequent. So, I thought I'd give it a go on here too..

I after a little Blasphemous session got my new windscreen and seal installed.

See less See more
#3,326 ·
Just finished to install my wide radiator from Allisports. all I have to say is that it keeps the temps low. What happened is last year I installed a full width intercooler on my 300 Tdi and since then the temperature was always high on the highway cruising around 120Km/h. Now the temp stays at 180 Fahrenheit even when pushing on the highway. Real good purchase. I had to modify the the frame that hold the radiator but nothing complicated. If you have a 300 Tdi that run a little hot their rad is the solution.

#3,342 ·
Well...last couple of days - Calipers, Rotors, repack bearings, changed hub seals - on all four. Good looking bling!

In between waiting for parts from RN for that, I decided to change out the fuse panel. Here are before and after....amazingly everything works! I did use those fuses that light up when blown for easy replacement.

Attachments

#3,357 ·
What are we doing with the 110

Two weeks ago:
Camping in Black Forest
Camping in Tyrolian Alps
Vienna

Done this weekend:
Stuttgart to southern Belgium to Amersfoort, Netherlands

The rest of the week:
Netherlands to central Belgium to Bad Kissingen, Germany for the worlds largest offroad expo.

#3,363 ·
Front radius Arms today if it stops raining
When I did my fronts, *literally* burned out the old bushings with a torch (they catch on their own after awhile), then carefully sawzall'd the metal bushing sleeve, and drifted out the metal sleeve. Then slapped the polys in and was good to go.

#3,366 · (Edited)
For getting the shells out after burning, get a chisel or punch and go round one side with chisel/ bend the shell into the centre then with a good size socket give it a good thump, and out it pops, 5 minutes tops each. Saves hacksawing.

If you are fitting polybushes do not any use force getting the arms to fit the axle, just do a lot of wiggling with something to take the weight. Lots of soap as well. If you force them in you WILL tear the outer edges off.

#3,368 ·
So the Italian company that I purchased my ex-mil 1989 2 door 110 from fudged a few things to make the truck seem nicer than it actually was. One of those things was the snorkel. I knew after about 2 hours of owning it that the thing was fake. First off, I have a 2.5 petrol, so it's on the wrong side. Second of all, its not hooked up to anything at all. Not even cut through the fender, just bolted right onto the outside of it! After 6 months of not caring, I damaged it out on a trail and lost the top of it so I figured it was about time to fix it. A trip to the hardware store and about 30 minutes of work later, I have a 100% functional snorkel intake! Only thing I need to complete it is the breather tip thing that goes on top, coming in the mail in a week or so...

Let me know what you think!

Attachments