Defender Source Forum banner

What have you done to your Defender today.

Tags
defender
768K views 6K replies 536 participants last post by  SadKingBilly 
#1 ·
Well this Thread is a very popular thread on a couple other forums that I frequent. So, I thought I'd give it a go on here too..

I after a little Blasphemous session got my new windscreen and seal installed.

See less See more
#3,192 · (Edited)
A little rust repair before Uwharrie, test fitted our new production bumper and chopped a full door down to a half door!

Attachments

#3,196 · (Edited)
Pulled the head today to correct a mistake I made going with a metal OE gasket. The port looks wrong to me and the physical location on the gasket was wrong causing the oil to creep between the layers.

Attachments

#3,206 ·
^^^Yep - what he said^^^ - SDO is an awesome place to get real quality gear

I think the wheel is 14" (350mm) - it feels lovely, fully wrapped leather - yes it is Overfinch :) it is PERFECT for the truck IMO - perfect size, the one I had before (standard) is too big, and my knees hit it - now I cant drive with my knees, so it makes it difficult to drink a coffee and text while driving, I guess I have to use my elboys now :)

#3,219 ·
hey clay, do you need an old coolant sender for a 200tdi? I'll look at home to see if I still have my old one sitting in the box. - edit - looks like I found it.
yeah, experimenting which sender works with my gauge. over a zillion opinions out there and it seems to come down to trial and error. Hold on to it if you don't mind.

#3,222 ·
Bought a set of Freestyles from Carl/Manimal/Tiktaalik earlier this year. Prepped & painted them, & today swapped the tyres over. I like it! Rest of the rig looks bad because 1) the 2014 doors don't match the 1985 paint, 2) the roof rack is off because the rig won't fit in the garage with it on, and 3) I pulled the A-bar off to paint it & mount it on the MOD bumper I bought.

Work in progress!

Attachments

#3,223 ·
Front view...

Attachments

#3,230 ·
and some will say you'll get better fuel mileage to boot, having a bonnet mounted spare

#3,237 ·
My winter project list is nearly done:

Install new Allisport silicone hoses and reservoirs...check
Install EGT probe and VDO gage...check
Move primary fuel gage to center dash panel...check
Install new OEM windscreen seal...check
Check and adjust valves...check
Replace brake booster and master cylinder...check
Replace 1.2 transfer case with rebuilt 1.4 unit...check
Install new Roamerdrive overdrive unit...check
Rebuild 8 day mechanical aircraft clock...in progress
Source and install rear suspension relocation cones...pending
Upgrade heater fan and core...I gotta' leave something for next winter.

Overall it's been a very productive winter. :thumb:

#3,238 ·
#3,239 ·
very productive -

the 110 looks great
Thanks Rob, you know these things are a never-ending work in progress.

Your trailer turned out well...I especially liked the clown art gallery feature. You need to acquire a JW Gacey original to round out your collection.