Defender Source Forum banner

What have you done to your Defender today.

Tags
defender
768K views 6K replies 536 participants last post by  SadKingBilly 
#1 ·
Well this Thread is a very popular thread on a couple other forums that I frequent. So, I thought I'd give it a go on here too..

I after a little Blasphemous session got my new windscreen and seal installed.

See less See more
#2,970 ·
Used a 200 tdi snorkel on my 2.5 mod. Used 2.5 vacuum hose (will be well away from exhaust and secured to prevent chafing) might upgrade hosing depending on durability results. I ran the hose from the filter box all the way to the top (cap) of the snorkel. Waiting on some hardware to finish securing snorkel and under hood hosing.

Attachments

#2,971 ·
Any issue getting the hose past the heater?

#2,974 · (Edited)
Well hell...

Had to shuffle cars and ended up with the 90 at the dealer.

Decided to go ahead and have new thermostat and coil put in....

I know...I know.... Easy stuff to do...

Charged me FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS!!?

2 1/2 hours labor, $170 for coil, $10 for thermostat, $25 for antifreeze....

How long does book say it should take?

#2,975 ·
2 1/2 hours labor, $170 for coil, $10 for thermostat, $25 for antifreeze....

Didn't even get a reach around....

How long does book say it should take?
The book time is meaningless for a Defender because anything involving a Defender at the dealership is rarely straight forward. At most I would say you were overcharged by an hour of labor.

#2,987 · (Edited)
Fitted a gently used power tank mount and got tank filled. First time messing with co2, impressed.

Oh and adjusted valves but nothing purty about that. Did learn something new. You can jack up one front tire, put in 5th gear, and spin that wheel by hand watching the motor turn over. Very easy, rule of 9.

Attachments

#2,990 ·
Pulled the Action Alt, and had it tested today.. it failed.. So its being shipped back for warranty work hopefully.

Bought a "spare" primary whatever from O'rielly which i'll install tomorrow so i can drive it..

This is Alt #2 failure in ~3 months.. Original OEM one seized, The Aciton Alt one, intermittently had the Tach die, and the battery light come on, today it became permanent.

- Its a monday for sure, house furnace also went out..

time to look at a grown up Daily Driver, so I can have time to play with the defender.

#2,995 ·
we'll see on the O'Riley's autoparts one, hopefully my action will come back whole and i can switch back to it and use the new one as a working spare.

it's plus is the warranty and the i get it tomorrow factor.. otherwise i'm ride-less (unless you count the 356.. which if it were summer i would use.)

#3,001 ·
Repainted the 110 from the NATO black/green camo to match my 109 ambulance with Cyprus camouflage.

Installed Espar heater and vents last month, along with TUM RAD/HAZ insulation panels. A lot nicer now in the cold weather.

And second lastly second row bench seat for the little dudes.

All ready for the Winter Romp

Attachments