Defender Source Forum banner

What have you done to your Defender today.

Tags
defender
768K views 6K replies 536 participants last post by  SadKingBilly 
#1 ·
Well this Thread is a very popular thread on a couple other forums that I frequent. So, I thought I'd give it a go on here too..

I after a little Blasphemous session got my new windscreen and seal installed.

See less See more
#2,895 ·
Hells bells. I was ready to order some Td5 hinges but wasn't sure on strikers. Do you know the part number or description?

Thanks,

Paul.

#2,889 ·
Made a Photoshop mock up of Gold Wheels to my RRC

I have my latest project which is my 1995 SWB RRC and I have a quart of BBS Gold paint from my 1978 BMW 635csi wheels project. I am tempted to paint my rostyle wheel BBS gold. I figure its only paint and I can always go alpine white or dark gray should gold go out of style. I kinda dig the combination and I think I can only pull off this look with steel wheels. I have a set of 235/85/16's BFGs All Terrain so I will have a skinny look. I already have a set of white Restyles on my 1988 40th Anniversary RRC lets see if the purist don't end up rock pounding me. What are your guy's thoughts...... too "FootBaller" of a look?

Attachments

#2,891 ·

Attachments

#2,894 ·
Hoop Foam Repair

Attempted to repair the rubber/foam on the C-Hoop. Looks like previous owner was careless with fiberglass top fitting and removal. I probably should have spent more time getting the texture to match but figure I can always go back and touch up if it holds. Been on about a month now. Used a combination of gasket maker and rubber spray.

Attachments

#2,907 ·
Started the weekend off changing my oil using Rotella 15/40 for the first time, I usually use conventional 10w/40. Noticed the new filter I ordered was a bit shorter than the previous one of the same part number.
Today I replaced my rubber fuel filler hose and rubber breather/overfill hose. No more gasoline smell every time I fill up.
Feeling like I was on a roll I went ahead and started replacing the seals on my brake master cylinder reservoir. Looked like a simple job, didn't know I was basically rebuilding the whole master cylinder.

Attachments

#2,913 ·