Defender Source Forum banner

What have you done to your Defender today.

Tags
defender
768K views 6K replies 536 participants last post by  SadKingBilly 
#1 ·
Well this Thread is a very popular thread on a couple other forums that I frequent. So, I thought I'd give it a go on here too..

I after a little Blasphemous session got my new windscreen and seal installed.

See less See more
#2,670 ·
Rewired the on board air system with a bigger (40 Amp) and more robust circuit breaker that is hard wired directly to the battery on a separate supply line instead of being run through the auxiliary fuse box. I also revised the rear air outlet to make it easier to access.

a couple of pics of the Range Rover air tank installed under the passenger side:

#2,677 ·
#2,679 ·
Installed new transmission tunnel rubber mat that I just got from Exmoor in the UK, I went with an aftermarket Bearmach version which I'm pretty pleased with. Earlier this week I replaced my shifter illumination assembly with a genuine new in box unit I found on ebay. Also replaced the vinyl trim around my seatbox with the new replacement LR part from RN. Oh and I replaced the rear loadspace mat. All this looked like a simple weekend job when I ordered it, it took two frustrating days and a 20' roll of double stick tape.

Attachments

#2,685 ·
BTR1197PMA at RN
I went with this option cause it seemed fairly close to what I had originally, I'm not too fond of the all-in-one floor mat/seat box cover/tunnel insulation options I've seen and I think the flaps will prevent tearing in that area where on the '97s it is seamed.

#2,693 · (Edited)
Installing Terrafirma inverted cones. These were gold powdercoated on top of the standard gold zinc plating to keep corrosion at bay.

Also zinc electroplated @ 10.5A for 4 hours, and silver powdercoated two tub seat belt brackets to replace the originals on my truck. Should last a long time now. Would prefer to just galv this stuff, but that may have to wait for another day.

Almost done with my heater box rebuild. SPU two-part epoxy came in for the tub. All of this stuff happens about the same time, unfortunately.

Attachments

#2,696 · (Edited)
Bordeaux France to Bath England 110 V8

Guys - thought i'd share a few photos from my weekend - flew to Bordeaux on Thursday and collected this 1983 110 V8 from another fellow enthusiast (lovely guy not foregoing the fact he is French) :) drove her 800 miles over 2 days - solid old girl, cost just under $20,000 USD but worth every cent - she'll make a wonderful restoration....take a look at the gas-pump prices in France and do the maths...ouch!!!! Bumped into a load of brand new Defender owners on the ferry (heading to England for the Rugby) they all stopped in their tracks when they heard the V8 fire up....

Attachments

#2,697 ·
You need some image editing remedial training. Or are you all really living in a sideways-upside-down world over there?

#2,705 ·
Vin bar code

Here is funny,

Took my 85 LR90 for its safety inpection, I always sit out side watching when the guy walks to the rightside, they stand there for a second before coming to get my to drive it in the shop.

Same happened today so I drives it in and go back to my coffee, kid comes up to me and asks where the Vin bar code is, without thinking I says supid boy, I will say he is a new kid to the shop.

It's getting that I park up put my name on the list, and the guy hands me a pass sheet. Gotta love the US of A, no poking sticks or high idle diesel tests. I do miss the Ministry test (MOT) yea right