Defender Source Forum banner

What have you done to your Defender today.

Tags
defender
771K views 6K replies 538 participants last post by  Robertopag 
#1 ·
Well this Thread is a very popular thread on a couple other forums that I frequent. So, I thought I'd give it a go on here too..

I after a little Blasphemous session got my new windscreen and seal installed.

See less See more
#2,211 ·
Ok, so it's been weeeeeeks since I've driven the 90. It took about 30 seconds to get used to the 80lbs of force required to use the clutch pedal. I got back in the Jetta afterwards and I was afraid I wan't going to be able to drive it. It's funny how one direction was easy to deal with and the other directions almost caused me to roll out of my driveway into traffic. :)

#2,215 ·
Starter works great. The other day Ella (FKA Nigel) started to.
Today nothing no signs of life, turns over great.
It's not like we've done nothing. coil has been changed, dizzy changed,amplifier changed, spark plug wires etc new rotor dizzy cap all changed. Ground/earths checked and verified. Ecu connections good. No faults reported by the ECU.
Decided to remove the fuel rail and test the injectors.
Running out of ideas. Fuel pressure is good but if one or more injectors is not right....
Reminder this started after driving to WR in Feb.

#2,227 · (Edited)
Got a new front crossmember and rebuilt the gusset on one side of it. Looks like it had a collision with a mud bank on that side. Bumper had been straightened. Was completely clogged with mud. Probably flexed heavily causing micro cracks to start rusting. Rusted out that side pretty badly. Looked good when I bought it, but after I got the dirt out, it was obviously bad. Now it's over built, and I got to get a look inside the frame, which was completely fine. Nice protective patina, no flakes.

Would likely have been fine for a good long time. But have a winch and winch bumper to mount. Don't need to peel my rover in half.

keep your frame drains clear.

#2,230 ·
Added black plate sill covers and painted the wheel arches....came out pretty well...will eventually paint the truck but before I do so I want to make sure I am happy with what I want white and what i want black...

Attachments

#2,240 ·
I made them for the dash. My band saw skills can use some work but I think they came out ok. I don't have speakers in my doors but I'm sure they could work.

How small are the stock speakers? I can't see how they ever got a speaker to work with the wiper motor right there. I think I would of done better to relocate the wiper motor than build a spacer.