What have you done to your Defender today. - Page 205 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 4th, 2017, 05:22 PM
rlynch356
Robert Lynch
1995 NAS

That was going to be my question too.... thinking Ashcroft axles after zee lockers go in

95' D90 - daily driver..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 4th, 2017, 05:35 PM
atakan
atakan
defender 90 1988

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by GliderKing View Post
This was one of those projects that seems easy, but then you get doubt, but then turns out easier than it seemed... or did that make any sense, anyway. It works, and now my bum is warm on cold spring mornings...
hey,
curious, what heaters did you use?
thanks
Old April 4th, 2017, 05:48 PM
GliderKing
Robert Bingham
97 ST D90

Registry
I ordered the Rovers North version, which ends up being the WAECO MSH60 / MSH601. It comes with switches, four elements, two for the bottom, two for the back. The wiring harness is pretty good, and the switch is easy to use (20 mm hole) or you can wire up something else if you are inclined. I went for easy. There is a video that is on Atlantic British that shows how to recover your seats, it's a good one, as it's how to undo the existing upholstery in detail. After watching it, I had the courage to do this, and now in the future will most likely cover my own seats with their kit (Exmoor's kit actually). Hope that helps.
BTW, used my heaters today... so nice!

1997 NAS 90 ST
1985 110 RHD 300tdi ROW
@gliderking instagram, twitter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 4th, 2017, 05:52 PM
Yorkie
Mark Whitehouse
1989 D90

Registry
Replaced headliner

My headliner was sagging so I removed and recovered. Installed it this weekend and installed rear speakers whilst I was about it.

Apologies for the sideways pictures!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170402_133451.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	225873   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170402_133520.jpg
Views:	568
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	225881  

Old April 4th, 2017, 06:51 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostChord View Post
Out of curiosity, which one?

Sankey looks great.
Stuck with a stock shaft - for now. Not sure I want to go double-cardon (actually pretty sure I don't), so for now it was a placeholder until I can circle back and figure out what I really want. Ideally I want something that still accepts the standard U-joints (GKN's or Precision 344s) as I don't like straying to something that has a one-off different component than everyone else (in case of trail failure & unilateral spares/etc).
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old April 4th, 2017, 06:57 PM
rlynch356
Robert Lynch
1995 NAS

Lav what axles are you running? I'm also staying with stock drive shafts until I break one anyway

95' D90 - daily driver..
Old April 4th, 2017, 07:05 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlynch356 View Post
Lav what axles are you running? I'm also staying with stock drive shafts until I break one anyway
Went through Lucky8, but ended up doing Tibus HD fronts & CVs, and rears are the K.A.M. HD's. Had already been running HD reads but just wanted a "fresh set" with new splines to match up with my new ARB RD128s, and then the old ones could go in the trailer as spares.

Don't forget if you go HD rears you'll need new flanges as well (just the outside covers/caps).
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old April 4th, 2017, 07:07 PM
LostChord
Brian
86 D110 SW

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
Stuck with a stock shaft - for now. Not sure I want to go double-cardon (actually pretty sure I don't), so for now it was a placeholder until I can circle back and figure out what I really want. Ideally I want something that still accepts the standard U-joints (GKN's or Precision 344s) as I don't like straying to something that has a one-off different component than everyone else (in case of trail failure & unilateral spares/etc).

Thanks for the info...been mulling this over as well for the 1310s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old April 4th, 2017, 07:34 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Crawled underneath before the rains came down. Didn't stay long just wanted to check the exhaust. It seems noisier......Nothing obvious though.
Old April 6th, 2017, 02:54 AM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
Quote:
Stuck with a stock shaft - for now. Not sure I want to go double-cardon (actually pretty sure I don't)
What's wrong with just running the stock front driveshaft?
Old April 6th, 2017, 06:17 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoronos View Post
What's wrong with just running the stock front driveshaft?
I've been going through UJs every 10k miles, and my old one failed at the actual shaft union of the two halves. So was thinking of maybe just an "upgraded" single-cardon version....but you are correct, there's a good chance I may just end up rolling the stock version indefinitely.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old April 6th, 2017, 10:49 AM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
Quote:
I've been going through UJs every 10k miles, and my old one failed at the actual shaft union of the two halves.
Well, that's a bummer!

It rained today and so I tried my latest "mod"....switching from 13 inch wipers to 11 inch wipers.

For years, I have been battling an issue with my wipers - no matter where I would place them on the splines, they would wipe larger and larger areas as the windshield got wetter and then the wipers would start slapping the windshield seal or frame. It was always at the bottom or the side, and it was very, very annoying. I tried taking everyone's advice and tightening/adjusting the wheelboxes, etc. Nothing helped.

The 11 inch wipers have solved the over-shooting problem. No more slapping on either the side or bottom of the windshield!
Old April 6th, 2017, 11:38 AM
flippedrover
Tyler
'94 D-90

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoronos View Post
Well, that's a bummer! It rained today and so I tried my latest "mod"....switching from 13 inch wipers to 11 inch wipers. For years, I have been battling an issue with my wipers - no matter where I would place them on the splines, they would wipe larger and larger areas as the windshield got wetter and then the wipers would start slapping the windshield seal or frame. It was always at the bottom or the side, and it was very, very annoying. I tried taking everyone's advice and tightening/adjusting the wheelboxes, etc. Nothing helped. The 11 inch wipers have solved the over-shooting problem. No more slapping on either the side or bottom of the windshield!
so you want to see less in bad weather?😛
and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Jimmy Buffett

Old April 6th, 2017, 12:55 PM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by flippedrover View Post
so you want to see less in bad weather?😛
lol
Old April 6th, 2017, 06:17 PM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Quote:
I've been going through UJs every 10k miles, and my old one failed at the actual shaft union of the two halves. So was thinking of maybe just an "upgraded" single-cardon version....but you are correct, there's a good chance I may just end up rolling the stock version indefinitely.
You need this dude.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-3089039793.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	374.1 KB
ID:	226497  

Old April 7th, 2017, 11:01 AM
Shagey71
Sam Hagey
1995 RRC LWB - Alpine White

Registry
order received. New PAS Gearbox, High Pressure line, Brembo discs (rear) textar vented rotors (front) and bosch pads/hardware, plugs, and a new ignition coil. Royal Purple 15w40 and a K&N filter. RRC getting some much needed love today. And only $700 for all that, new. Not too shabby. Next up, new valve cover gaskets and a full brake flush and bleed this weekend.

'95 RRC CountyLWB - dripping all over central TX
'83 110 HCPU - in piceces, all over central TX
'90 RRC Truggy - loud and proud
'95 RRC CountyLWB Beluga Black - SOLD
'01 P38 - POS Leaked Electricity - SOLD
Old April 8th, 2017, 06:08 PM
steinhnj
Neil Steinhagen
1990 Perentie GS

Wolf inspired custom Tuffy center console armrest.

Found some waxed cotton that matches the Outlast material quite nicely. Local upholstery guy wouldn't touch the circular hole so I had to tackle it myself. The extra 2 1/2 inches of padded top makes a big difference.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-323552640.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	473.5 KB
ID:	227025  
Old April 9th, 2017, 06:22 AM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by steinhnj View Post
Wolf inspired custom Tuffy center console armrest. Found some waxed cotton that matches the Outlast material quite nicely. Local upholstery guy wouldn't touch the circular hole so I had to tackle it myself. The extra 2 1/2 inches of padded top makes a big difference.
Stunner!

Old April 10th, 2017, 08:17 AM
DC_Bear
Bear
1984 Nintey

Registry
Looking good Mark. Can I ask where you installed the front speakers? I have been working on fabricating something similar for the rear, but am still debating front-speaker placement. If I do the knee-knocking under-dash location it will get in the way if I ever add AC. There's not enough depth in the doors. I'm considering an overhead mount above the bulkhead kind of like a Jeep Wrangler speaker bar OR fabricating a box for behind the front seats / mounted to the bulkead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie View Post
My headliner was sagging so I removed and recovered. Installed it this weekend and installed rear speakers whilst I was about it.

------ Follow up post added April 10th, 2017 09:24 AM ------

Installed a galvanized front diff guard.

Replaced front door check strap pins (I was using random bolts as a temporary measure).

Swapped out the steel rims for sawtooth

Old April 10th, 2017, 11:32 AM
Naplm00
Matthew
1983 110 200tdi 3 door soft top

Yrm battery box! One of that last pieces of my truck with actual rust has been eliminated.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
defender