What have you done to your Defender today. - Page 129 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2561  
Old August 19th, 2015, 06:03 PM
The Dro
Status: Offline
Dro
1988 Ninety
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Annandale, VA
Posts: 6,551
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post

Do you have the right header bar for that Pedro? Seems like it either needs to be stretched better - or fit better??
That's a good question. I have no idea.

Also, the truck has a homemade roof that I've been fitting to get off. It was glued and screwed everywhere
__________________
Quote:
Online speculation will not replace onsite inspection.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2562  
Old August 19th, 2015, 11:27 PM
Uncle Douglas's Avatar
Uncle Douglas
Status: Offline
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Gods Country- Central Virginia
Posts: 11,268
Registry
Cabron' its supposed to fit much tighter than that
__________________
Good judgement comes from experience,experience comes from bad judgement.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Land Rover Shipment and Importation Service
Bespoke Restoration & Modification work


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

410.693.1391


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2563  
Old August 20th, 2015, 12:07 AM
The Dro
Status: Offline
Dro
1988 Ninety
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Annandale, VA
Posts: 6,551
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
Cabron' its supposed to fit much tighter than that
I need to remove Goose cousin's Italian ingenuity top off first.

It's been glued to everything they could get glue into.
__________________
Quote:
Online speculation will not replace onsite inspection.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #2564  
Old August 20th, 2015, 12:25 AM
javelinadave's Avatar
javelinadave
Status: Online
Dave
1989 110SW 1 of 2,000,000
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 5,429
It's looking good. What's the engine plan?
__________________
:O [==] O:
Reply With Quote
  #2565  
Old August 20th, 2015, 06:59 AM
1of40's Avatar
1of40
Status: Offline
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Potomac Falls & Wintergreen, Virginia
Posts: 4,955
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dro View Post
I need to remove Goose cousin's Italian ingenuity top off first. It's been glued to everything they could get glue into.
I like the Island/Casual Friday look Dro.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #2566  
Old August 20th, 2015, 08:54 AM
Uncle Douglas's Avatar
Uncle Douglas
Status: Offline
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Gods Country- Central Virginia
Posts: 11,268
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelinadave View Post
It's looking good. What's the engine plan?
rumor has it a 2.5 natural was delivered Sunday.
__________________
Good judgement comes from experience,experience comes from bad judgement.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Land Rover Shipment and Importation Service
Bespoke Restoration & Modification work


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

410.693.1391


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #2567  
Old August 20th, 2015, 09:38 AM
Rocky's Avatar
Rocky
Status: Online
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Colonies
Posts: 7,762
So there is nothing in front of the A pillar?
Reply With Quote
  #2568  
Old August 20th, 2015, 10:06 AM
Jonesy's Avatar
Jonesy
Status: Offline
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Leesburg, VA / Southport, NC
Posts: 4,217
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
rumor has it a 2.5 natural was delivered Sunday.
Rumor is correct - now one needs to come out - and the new one put in.
__________________
"The difference between stupidity and genius, is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #2569  
Old August 20th, 2015, 04:08 PM
sonoronos's Avatar
sonoronos
Status: Offline
Ed
None
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 4,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post

Rumor is correct - now one needs to come out - and the new one put in.
now all he needs to do is arrange a wrenching day!
Reply With Quote
  #2570  
Old August 20th, 2015, 04:23 PM
The Dro
Status: Offline
Dro
1988 Ninety
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Annandale, VA
Posts: 6,551
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelinadave View Post
It's looking good. What's the engine plan?
These guys are worse than kids spreading a rumor in a middle school cafeteria...

I got a 2.5NA from Rick on Sunday and orderer some parts today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoronos View Post

now all he needs to do is arrange a wrenching day!
I'm getting the parts next week.
__________________
Quote:
Online speculation will not replace onsite inspection.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #2571  
Old August 20th, 2015, 04:30 PM
BlackField's Avatar
BlackField
Status: Offline
Oscar
D110
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,399
This is normal right?





The belt was about 3/8" off center of the tensioner. I guess the cover is the only thing that kept it from going out further.
__________________
Lemmings as you know them are a Disney fabricated lie. The truth is out there.
Reply With Quote
  #2572  
Old August 20th, 2015, 04:30 PM
The Dro
Status: Offline
Dro
1988 Ninety
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Annandale, VA
Posts: 6,551
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1of40 View Post
I like the Island/Casual Friday look Dro.
Thanks doode.

I was worried that the green MOD canvas will look bad.... I actually like it.
__________________
Quote:
Online speculation will not replace onsite inspection.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #2573  
Old August 20th, 2015, 08:24 PM
wmatos1001's Avatar
wmatos1001
Status: Offline
William
1994 NAS Defender 90
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 409
Registry
Replaced interior rubber and re-trim rear forward seat

Today I had the day off and a few brown RN boxes had arrived so I tackled some interior work. I replaced both the bulkhead rubber pad and transmission tunnel rubber, both looked to be original and were rotting/ripped up pretty bad in some spots. Install was quite easy, just a little tricky getting the bonnet release cut out right. Weird in the pictures the colors don't look to match between the two but in person they are much closer.

Only thing I do notice is the 5speed "boot" doesn't sit quite as snug as it did before but I will mess with it more tomorrow.

I also completed the last seat to be refitted with an Exmoor trim kit in NAS car denim. The rear forward facing seat wasn't in bad shape just looked a bit out of place and not as new since I refitted the front two seats with new Exmoor trim a while back.

Also a pretty easy job even without instructions. Just pay close attention to how you took the stock seat cover apart and replicate.

The interior looks quite good right now except for my seat boxes as a prior owner looks to have ripped the Hardura off and there are still glue lines showing on the metal I can't for the life of me get off (even with goo be gone). I think my only solution is to buy replacement Hardura from Exmoor and tackle that next although I kind of like the bare metal boxes showing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trantunnel.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	127584   Click image for larger version

Name:	rearseat.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	127586  

Reply With Quote
  #2574  
Old August 20th, 2015, 09:30 PM
Uncle Douglas's Avatar
Uncle Douglas
Status: Offline
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Gods Country- Central Virginia
Posts: 11,268
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackField View Post
This is normal right?





The belt was about 3/8" off center of the tensioner. I guess the cover is the only thing that kept it from going out further.
Get the update kit. Cant tell from the picture if the tensioner has the shoulder that keeps the belt from walking out and eating itself on the front cover. You got lucky.
__________________
Good judgement comes from experience,experience comes from bad judgement.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Land Rover Shipment and Importation Service
Bespoke Restoration & Modification work


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

410.693.1391


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #2575  
Old August 20th, 2015, 09:36 PM
Jymmiejamz's Avatar
Jymmiejamz
Status: Offline
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 3,455
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackField View Post
This is normal right?





The belt was about 3/8" off center of the tensioner. I guess the cover is the only thing that kept it from going out further.
Told you something wasn't right! Make sure you adjust your valves too. You will probably be amazed at how differently it runs.
__________________
Car Camping Collective founding member and Treasurer
Reply With Quote
  #2576  
Old August 20th, 2015, 11:36 PM
bjf's Avatar
bjf
Status: Offline
barry f
94 ST #395
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmatos1001 View Post
Today I had the day off and a few brown RN boxes had arrived so I tackled some interior work. I replaced both the bulkhead rubber pad and transmission tunnel rubber, both looked to be original and were rotting/ripped up pretty bad in some spots. Install was quite easy, just a little tricky getting the bonnet release cut out right. Weird in the pictures the colors don't look to match between the two but in person they are much closer. Only thing I do notice is the 5speed "boot" doesn't sit quite as snug as it did before but I will mess with it more tomorrow. I also completed the last seat to be refitted with an Exmoor trim kit in NAS car denim. The rear forward facing seat wasn't in bad shape just looked a bit out of place and not as new since I refitted the front two seats with new Exmoor trim a while back. Also a pretty easy job even without instructions. Just pay close attention to how you took the stock seat cover apart and replicate. The interior looks quite good right now except for my seat boxes as a prior owner looks to have ripped the Hardura off and there are still glue lines showing on the metal I can't for the life of me get off (even with goo be gone). I think my only solution is to buy replacement Hardura from Exmoor and tackle that next although I kind of like the bare metal boxes showing.
Can you explain what you meant about the bonnet cut out not lining up?
__________________
Quote:
Are there shocks that I can addjust up and down like my friends LX460? That would be very cool!
Reply With Quote
  #2577  
Old August 21st, 2015, 11:39 AM
barjout
Status: Offline
Marc Bourget
1996/Tdi DEFENDER 110
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Embrun, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 18
updated kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
Get the update kit. Cant tell from the picture if the tensioner has the shoulder that keeps the belt from walking out and eating itself on the front cover. You got lucky.
Even in the updated kit the tensionner has no shoulder. It's the crankshaft gear that is changed in the updated kit. It has shoulder on both side.
Reply With Quote
  #2578  
Old August 21st, 2015, 01:15 PM
overland's Avatar
overland
Status: Offline
pires
DEFENDER ONE TEN
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Miami FL US
Posts: 46
Registry
not very technical

not very technical

Today I just changed the headlights of the car

much more convenient to see and to avoid the boars in the night
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	127657   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150807_151223.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	127658  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150807_161429.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	127659   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150807_161644.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	207.2 KB
ID:	127660  

Reply With Quote
  #2579  
Old August 21st, 2015, 08:07 PM
PabloCocito's Avatar
PabloCocito
Status: Offline
Pablo Cocito
1987 Defender Tithonus
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: NoVA
Posts: 307
Swapped out the water pump. The impeller of the old one had eaten it's way into the outer casing...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1168386327.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	486.5 KB
ID:	127700  
Reply With Quote
  #2580  
Old August 22nd, 2015, 07:05 AM
1of40's Avatar
1of40
Status: Offline
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Potomac Falls & Wintergreen, Virginia
Posts: 4,955
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloCocito View Post
Swapped out the water pump. The impeller of the old one had eaten it's way into the outer casing...
is this a 200 you're working on?
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
defender

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help me out with some newbie defender issues rustydefender Defender Technical Discussions 24 November 18th, 2016 11:14 PM
Slickrock Defender 90 Sliders dave_lucas The Vendors Loft 15 November 28th, 2010 04:45 PM
Pristine 1995 Aa Yellow Defender 90 Soft Top Willh For Sale - Vehicles 16 December 15th, 2004 10:06 AM
Misc. Defender parts for sale Chris Cox For Sale - Parts 24 November 22nd, 2004 06:37 PM
Defender 90 help Todd Defender Technical Discussions 7 August 28th, 2004 07:16 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 PM.


Copyright